Tall Ladies 5'10 and up please

Options
13»

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and have lots and lots to lose. I'm still near the beginning of my journey. I can't go below 165 without looking sickly - my big hips look very very thin in a size 10 jeans. I am what they call big-boned so some of the charts also can be wrong for me. I look still slim and trim up to 190-200. My eventual final goal will be around 180 (setting smaller goals as stepping stones for now)
  • KatieKAZ2Y5
    KatieKAZ2Y5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At 6'1" I've always been thin, so when I noticed myself eating nonstop during and after the holidays (thanks mom for that extra large bag of Pomegranate Brookside chocolates...that I ate in one weekend) I knew I had put on a few pounds. But when I stepped on the scale and saw 170 I had to make a change. In high school I weighed around 145 pounds, by the time I finished college in 2013 I was up at 155 - I figured I beat the Freshman 15 so I was good. Well I'm hoping to get back to about 150. No EXACT weight I want to be but I would like to be at or under 155 again. It's all what you're comfortable with and what you're used to. I know some shorter girls say they feel skeletal at this weight I am now - but to me this is the heaviest I've been.

Keep up the good work ladies and stick with the healthy lifestyle!
  • strongbeanthecat
    strongbeanthecat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi tall ladies! I'm 5'10'' and at 167 lbs, but I'd like to drop down to 150. I just started wearing a Fitbit and tracking my walking after my desk job caught up with me (woof, that was an easy 10 lbs), and I've started taking a variety of cardio classes 3-4 times a week.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and got up to 192 before finding MFP and kicking this weight. I initially wanted to loose the 20lbs I'd kept on since being pregnant 2 years ago. Well that happened pretty fast so kept on going. I'm at 160 now and thinking 150 might be my last goal.
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and 155. My goal weight is between 140-145. I haven't been below 170 in maybe 10 years (I'm 24) and I've never been at the weight I probably should be at, so I don't know what feels best. Here's the thing, at 170 and 155 I don't look much different. Saggier sure, because I had a baby (220), but I carried the weight well. So it really depends on what your body shape can handle.
  • Cait1122
    Cait1122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 3/4 and I started at 275 in spring of 2012. I got down to 219 and had some life changes and what not, but I never really gained a lot back. I'm at 225 now and I've finally got myself in gear to lose more. I've always had a goal of 180. Then I will go from there to see if I need to lose more.. But right now, I think I'd just be happy if I got below 200. Lol
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'10, and my highest weight was 175 and my lowest was 130. 130 was far too low (that was a size 4 for me) and it wasn't healthy or maintainable. My "happiest" weight was about 140-145. I am currently 160 (about a size 10) and I would like to get back to 150 or maybe a little lower.
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and currently around 215, just started tracking and am hoping to get to a fit 170ish. Aiming for it by summer! Feel free to add me :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    brain328 wrote: »

I'm 6'0" tall with a wide bone structure! Hips, shoulders, I could be a line backer ;) That's why I stopped looking at the numbers like the only option. Even after I lost 100 lbs that stupid BMI still says I'm "obese". My goal is to feel good about my body and lower my body fat %, that's all I care about these days. Being tall throws a lot of calculations off the charts for girls, so I quit using them!

I'm just glad to currently be the size of a college linebacker instead of the size of an NFL linebacker. :) I take after my father, who was a football player, and sadly not after either of my grandmothers, both of whom were professional dancers.

I also have really big, straight shoulders--which, yes, throws off the charts, but I think that clothes hang really nicely from broad, strong shoulders, so I am OK with it.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around those of you who are 5'10" but aiming for 140 or 150...are you very flat chested? Short-waisted? Small-boned?

• ClaresTime
    ClaresTime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and at my highest of 286lbs.

I'm not really sure where my goal weight will be. I vaguely remember being 160lbs in high school and feeling huge next to my friends. With age has come an acceptance that I am tall and an hourglass shape, I don't want to lose too many curves so I'm aiming for 180lbs and see how I feel there.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ilti9s9l35bh.jpg

Hi, I am 5ft 11.5in and currently 175 lbs having lost 12lbs in four weeks of using myfitnesspal. I always thought of myself as slim, but as the years have gone by the weight has consistently crept on. I'm lucky I carry my weight quite evenly all over. When I reached 187lbs though and a uk size 14 I wasn't happy. Especially as my BMI put me in the overweight section.
    The image attached shows my weight at three points, the first pic i was a uk size 8 and I think I looked too skinny, but then again I was only 18! And the middle pic is what I'm aiming for and I think I was a uk size 10. If I can get back there I'll be happy and nip this creeping weight gain in the bud! 12 lbs down, 21lbs to go.