Specific foods do NOT make you gain weight

Options
brainzap
brainzap Posts: 145 Member
You will not get fat from eating a banana
You will not get fat from eating fried chicken
You will not get fat from eating ice cream
You will get fat from eating too much of any food. The end.

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    inb4 garbage insulin resistance arguement
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Yes...the insulin fairy is a *****...
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You will not get fat from eating a banana
    You will not get fat from eating fried chicken
    You will not get fat from eating ice cream
    You will get fat from eating too much of any food. The end.

Inspirational :tongue:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    weight=/=muscle
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    1284521-bender_applause_super.gif
  • DatMurse
    Options

carbs give you insulin resistance
    insulin resistance makes you fat
    fat causes insulin resistance
    Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif
  • liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good because I'm getting a KFC tonight :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

carbs give you insulin resistance
    Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif
    :drinker:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    No , this is not correct. You have to eat these foods after 7 pm for them to make you fat.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    No , this is not correct. You have to eat these foods after 7 pm for them to make you fat.
    sugar solidifies in your stomach and turns into fat
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The first law of Thermodynamics: delta U = Q - W + (E - food energy) does not care if E comes from wheat grass or Doritos.
  • colapopmusic
    Options
    Life is all about balance. YingYang. Everything in moderation is the key to a happy healthy life :)
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "You will get fat from eating too much of any food. The end."

I challenge you..... eat ice cream and only ice cream for 2 weeks and see if you gain any weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I challenge you..... eat ice cream and only ice cream for 2 weeks and see if you gain any weight.

If its within your calorie goal range to lose...you won't gain weight. Calories in, calories out
  • RoboGal12
    RoboGal12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to ruin this circlejerk, I spent 5 months counting calories, watching everything I ate. "All in moderation." I didn't lose a damn thing, weight nor inches. But when I watch my carb intake? Boom!

But if everyone wants to continue to operate under the notion that EVERY single body works EXACTLY the same way, then go ahead. Screw people who do their own thing. Because if it works for you, it MUST work for someone else, right?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Someone did that with Twinkies, another person did it with beer...they both tracked calories and lost weight.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Just this morning during some volunteer work, I had to listen to several ladies explain exactly what they couldn't eat, corn being one of them. Then they started in on how processed foods caused diabetes. I bit my tongue the entire time until the processed food comment. Then I just mentioned that if everyone was within their ideal weight ranges that the occurrence of adult onset diabetes would be extremely rare. They didn't say much for a few moments before getting back to more mumbo jumbo crap about how the food industry is addicting us to their foods and working their hardest to make us fat.

Oh, and corn syrup is the DEVIL!

*deep breath*

I'm ok now.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Just this morning during some volunteer work, I had to listen to several ladies explain exactly what they couldn't eat, corn being one of them. Then they started in on how processed foods caused diabetes. I bit my tongue the entire time until the processed food comment. Then I just mentioned that if everyone was within their ideal weight ranges that the occurrence of adult onset diabetes would be extremely rare. They didn't say much for a few moments before getting back to more mumbo jumbo crap about how the food industry is addicting us to their foods and working their hardest to make us fat.

*deep breath*

I'm ok now.

ignorant people find it easier to blame others for their problems than to admit that they are ignorant. the whole weight loss industry makes a mint off of this simple fact.

ignorance of course just means not being properly informed and it's not a slur.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*deep breath*

I'm ok now.

ignorant people find it easier to blame others for their problems than to admit that they are ignorant. the whole weight loss industry makes a mint off of this simple fact.

ignorance of course just means not being properly informed and its not a slur.

QFT
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

*deep breath*

I'm ok now.

ignorance of course just means not being properly informed and its not a slur.

QFT

Aye. The sad thing though, when you try to make them less ignorant, they fight you tooth and nail like it's their religion. And that's why I rarely say a word.