Kirstie Alley inspiring story

Options
13»

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    To me it proves that a ton of money won't keep a woman from gaing weight,regardless of what they are payed. Marie Osmond,the Duchess,Oprah the list goes on.Just like it goes on with all of us,gaining/losing time & time again.
    I feel sorry for them.....at least I don't have to be shown on TV!
  • Lose25now
    Lose25now Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I see it as, even though she has all this money and such, she is still human and has her problems. Look at Opra, she has gained and lost so much weight over the years and she has all the help at her finger tips. What is says is, it is up to each person to do this no one can do it for you.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    do we really need to view celebrities as inspirational just for acting like humans? geez
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    every time she put the weight back on someone pays her to take it off again
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Hasn't she been doing this for years now?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    do we really need to view celebrities as inspirational just for acting like humans? geez

I agree with this. People are people, celebrity or not.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I sometimes envy their resources, especially the 'stars' who basically have no job but to look good (Kim Kardashian, e.g.) But then again I figure if I was Oprah and could eat anything and any place I wanted any night, and was seriously BUSY at actual work, it'd be hard to just use a personal chef for tasty but low cal food 14-21 meals a week.

I don't think she does have someone fix her meals, either. I read recently that she fixes most of the dinners for herself and her boyfriend. Of course, she does seem to have given up on that size 10 goal, too, so it's probably easier to maintain her current size.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    im not sure most, if any, of us can judge her when we've all (probably) yo-yod and lost and gained over the years ourselves. does she make money from it, sure, but shes still a respected actress and comedienne and makes plenty of money without whatever her plan of the year is.

do i think its easier to lose weight when you have the money for personal trainers and personal chefs and what not - heck ya, but all of us are proof its not NECESSARY. I like Kirstie (or at least the public her LOL), and i hope she finds happiness at whatever weight she's at.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    im not sure most, if any, of us can judge her when we've all (probably) yo-yod and lost and gained over the years ourselves. does she make money from it, sure, but shes still a respected actress and comedienne and makes plenty of money without whatever her plan of the year is.

do i think its easier to lose weight when you have the money for personal trainers and personal chefs and what not - heck ya, but all of us are proof its not NECESSARY. I like Kirstie (or at least the public her LOL), and i hope she finds happiness at whatever weight she's at.

^^ Who is judging? Just saying, she is not a role model, that's all, at least for some of us.