Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Great thread! Any geeky people add me as a friend because I'm such a geek! :pensive:
    I know, I know....I have to watch Constantine. Demon genre junky here...must watch, lol.

Seriously, yes! Constantine is a really good series! There are a lot of Buffy/Supernatural wannabes nowadays and I like them all but Constantine is on top right now (IMO) while being an amazing comic book adaption in its own right. One thing I really like about it is that it involves occult references in ways that are going to make sense to actual occultists, past or present, not just ripping off that stuff for atmosphere or a cheap attempt at relevance.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Any geeky people add me as a friend because I'm such a geek! :pensive:
    I know, I know....I have to watch Constantine. Demon genre junky here...must watch, lol.

Seriously, yes! Constantine is a really good series! There are a lot of Buffy/Supernatural wannabes nowadays and I like them all but Constantine is on top right now (IMO) while being an amazing comic book adaption in its own right. One thing I really like about it is that it involves occult references in ways that are going to make sense to actual occultists, past or present, not just ripping off that stuff for atmosphere or a cheap attempt at relevance.
    ok, I blew that show off because I heard it wouldn't last even the first season. looks like i goofed. guess i'll pick it up on blu ray.

• JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    Inspiration for today! Clone Club! tumblr_mno97knYHF1rgvfxho3_500hip.gif

It's hard to pick a favorite, but Allison just might be. Especially last season. Every scene she was in was hilarious. Even her walk makes me laugh. I <3 her.
  • Brittany4212
    Brittany4212 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fellow geek here so feel free to add me!

I absolutely love Doctor Who (first Doctor was Matt Smith!) and Sherlock, grew up on and still love Harry Potter and I'm really enjoying the Marvel Universe movies! I'm not a huge gamer, but I've been playing Final Fantasy games for years and am dipping my toes into other RPGs. I love to read, though I don't get to nearly as my as I would like (though there are a few webcomics on my list) and I watch a hodge podge of cartoons and anime!

• JM1481
    Options
    Fellow geek here so feel free to add me!

I absolutely love Doctor Who (first Doctor was Matt Smith!) and Sherlock, grew up on and still love Harry Potter and I'm really enjoying the Marvel Universe movies! I'm not a huge gamer, but I've been playing Final Fantasy games for years and am dipping my toes into other RPGs. I love to read, though I don't get to nearly as my as I would like (though there are a few webcomics on my list) and I watch a hodge podge of cartoons and anime!

Your first Doctor was Matt Smith? Have you gone back to watch any of the other Doctors at all?
  • crazykatlady_
    crazykatlady_ Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a gamer, but I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy nerd! Love Star Trek, Doctor Who, LOTR, Battlestar Galactica...just to name a few. :-) Add me if you'd like.
  • crfischer4
    crfischer4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Cari Fischer! Enough said! I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and enjoy Attack on Titan with the kiddos. I don't have a ton of time for gaming, but when I do, I'm a MW girl. Xbox, PS3, PS2 (pretty much for guitar hero) and WII. Great to see more geeks on here!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    JM1481 wrote: »
    It's hard to pick a favorite, but Allison just might be. Especially last season. Every scene she was in was hilarious. Even her walk makes me laugh. I <3 her.
    I do love her! But my fave is Helena, Allison is definitely up there. I'm not done with S2 yet so no spoilers! :smiley:

• JM1481
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    JM1481 wrote: »
    I do love her! But my fave is Helena, Allison is definitely up there. I'm not done with S2 yet so no spoilers! :smiley:

I love Helena too. That's why it's hard for me to pick! Helena, Allison and Cosima are all brilliant.
  • hilarylathen
    Options
    What a great thread! Bit of a geeky crafter myself. Newest craft I'm learning is chain mail weaving. Enjoy most of the fandoms I've seen mentioned, though I haven't caught the anime bug yet. Pleae feel free to ad me! Is anyone else waiting with anticipation/morbid curiosity to see what Netflx does with Daredevil?
    Be excellent!
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

As a Doctor Who fan, that's awesome. We just need to start a weight loss group for geeks. I mean, basically, I use fitting into outfits at cons as my primary weight loss motivation at this point lol

• melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Loving this thread! I love LOTR, harry potter, twilight, dexter, psych, bates motel, vampire diaries, the originals, Game of Thrones <3, The Walking Dead <3, Nightmare Before Christmas, DC, Marvel, anything thats zombie related, fantasy or horror. List goes on. I also love anime and korean drama lol

Currently watching little monsters :smile:
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

As a Doctor Who fan, that's awesome. We just need to start a weight loss group for geeks. I mean, basically, I use fitting into outfits at cons as my primary weight loss motivation at this point lol

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

• Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If I knew how to add people I would, I love final fantasy general fantasy, RPGs Star Wars.

Retro RPG's rule they don't make em like they used to
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite games of all time is/was The Lost Vikings. Those little effers were hilarious
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'd love some geeky friends. I'm really into comic books (DC), conventions, cosplay, and fan fiction. Go ahead and add me.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    rodriuezbl wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd! I go to Comic-con every year!! Last year I met and hugged and he pecked me on the cheek, BRENT SPINER!!! Star trek Star Wars kind of girl!

Last year George Perez kissed me on my cheek. It was amazing!
  • gemdiver
    gemdiver Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just found this great thread! Huge fan of all things in Geekdom, including the usual suspects of RPGs, X-Files, Star Trek, George RR Martin, and vintage gaming consoles! Have just started up on MFP after failing to stay on track several times in the past. Would love to make some friends to keep each other motivated and try to stay on the wagon this time! Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Huge geek here. Been to multiple conventions, including Comic-Con (where I was almost mowed down by Joss Whedon), and into the books and media thing big-time - Books: Lois McMaster Bujold, Terry Pratchett, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, etc... Movies/TV: Almost any superhero movie, LOTR, Star Wars over Star Trek, Farscape FTW, Firefly, X-Files, watched Buffy, Eureka, the list goes on and on... Collected comic books at a time (X-Men mostly, Dark Knight, some Image titles briefly, etc...)

Feel free to add me, just drop a note telling me what you're into!