What is YOUR "go-to meal"?

Options
124»

Replies

• amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    oh man---a spinach salad with candied walnuts, chicken, dried cranberries, and feta or gorgonzola crumbles with a balsamic reduction dressing. <3
  • Greeneyedgrl_24
    Greeneyedgrl_24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted chicken with a side of sautéed zucchini(using my Veggetti slicer- <3 that thing) with olive oil/garlic and a baked potato with sour cream and chive. Oh with parmesan and tons of cracked pepper on top. Finish it of with a piece of Ghirardelli dark chocolate and it my night is complete. So much yummm.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Scambled, fried, soft or hard boiled, poached, omelets. I eat eggs about 6 days/week.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    soggynode wrote: »
    Turkey, dried cranberry and feta cheese wrap with a pile of chopped veggies. It's my go-to lunch. I even put a picture of it on my profile page in case I forget what a really tasty lunch looks like and start thinking a trip to McDonald's is a good idea.

This sounds so good!! Definately trying this!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm no cook:

150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams of squash, 6 ounces of lean ground turkey, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, onions, spinach, sautéed with chipotle hot sauce. It's like 400 calories and an enormous amount of food. I can eat it every night for a week or more and not get tired of it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My lunch most days is a chicken sammich. 12 oz of chicken. 2 slices of Sara Lee bread. 1 thin slice of cheese and 90 calories of mayo. Comes to roughly 600 calories.
  • fatmommy
    Options
    Sweet potatoes wrapped in foil and cooked in a slow cooker all day. Cut one in half and top it with ground turkey browned with garlic and spices with spinach cooked in the steam on top of the turkey while it finishes cooking and a handful of low fat cheese. YUM! Such a treat and easy peasy!
  • MrsMKB
    MrsMKB Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    fatmommy wrote: »
    Sweet potatoes wrapped in foil and cooked in a slow cooker all day. Cut one in half and top it with ground turkey browned with garlic and spices with spinach cooked in the steam on top of the turkey while it finishes cooking and a handful of low fat cheese. YUM! Such a treat and easy peasy!
    Ohhhh myyy goodness! I am going to try out this recipe this week!!! thank you!!

• CH435
    CH435 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jalapeño Turkey Burgers and salad. Or chicken and white bean chilli.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    my go to lunch if I don't feel like fussing much or time is short. is my extremely low carb tortillia wrap. I always have the same ingredients except the meat changes. Tortilla shell, spread with hellman's mayo (has to be hellmans. yumm), then shredded sharp cheddar cheese (the sharp flavor really hits the spot when eating, then I will put some meat on the cheese. Pastrami, salami, turkey, chicken, roast beef etc. Then I fold both sides in, and roll from the bottom. I then roll it in saran wrap and put in the fridge for a few hours. (you can eat it right away, but it is hard to keep it together and not lose all the goodies out of it) by putting in fridge wrapped n the plastic, it forms to the roll, the flavors seem to blend together a bit and then in the lunch pail it goes. When I eat it, it loos small (wrapped like a burrito), but it is very tasty and filling.

When I get home from work, if too tired to cook, my go to is cottage cheese, frozen broccoli, and a Cod filet I can nuke in microwave sprinkled with lemon juice, pepper and cajun seasoning. Dinner served in a few minutes.. healthy nutritious :smiley:
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I forgot to add that on the tortilla after the meat, I put a couple lettuce leaves on it then roll it up.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Shakshouka for breakfast. Chopped tomatoes, eggplant, red pepper and zucchini with sauteed onion and garlic and crumbled feta cheese all in tomato sauce with a couple of eggs poached in the sauce mixture. Keeps me full for ages when I know I wouldn't be able to have lunch. It has it all: protein, fiber, water and volume. I usually eat it with whole wheat pita bread.