It won't budge :(

2»

Replies

• Measure, count...only eat back half your exercise calories. I'm also having some success with the Fast 5:2 diet (don't hate on me people - I'm eating really well on all the other days and eating fruits, vegetables, & lean protein on my fast days...I am NOT starving myself).
  • stargazgal
    stargazgal Posts: 93 Member
    Ok back to the candida topic.... Have you looked into that any further? Do you have any of the symptoms and problems related to it? This could be a reason why.

Yes. My blood was analyzed and my blood plasma was full of it. I have had inflammation problems and gout for past 2 years. I had other symptoms too. My weight is all in my midsection. I have been eating really good past 3 days and feel great, a little tired..only 20-25% carbs. Hopefully my weight starts to drop
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    First, if you're not using a food scale then you're estimating at what you log. And if you're not losing weight you're not eating at a deficit which is at least partially explained by not using a good scale. Also be careful not to overestimate your burn.

Cutting back on alcohol should help avoid empty calories. By empty I mean they don't provide other needed nutrients. Not that alcohol must be avoided, but if your goal is weight loss then its probably not a good daily habit.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Revcminor wrote: »
    Measure, count...only eat back half your exercise calories. .
    Exactly this. MFP tends to over-estimate exercise burns. Get a food scale -- they're cheap, I got mine on Amazon for around $15 -- and eat back 50% of your burn. Try that for 4 weeks.

• charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    stargazgal wrote: »
    Ok back to the candida topic.... Have you looked into that any further? Do you have any of the symptoms and problems related to it? This could be a reason why.

Yes. My blood was analyzed and my blood plasma was full of it. I have had inflammation problems and gout for past 2 years. I had other symptoms too. My weight is all in my midsection. I have been eating really good past 3 days and feel great, a little tired..only 20-25% carbs. Hopefully my weight starts to drop

What kind of blood test did you have? One done by the naturopath or a one done by a medical pathology lab?
  • stargazgal

What kind of blood test did you have? One done by the naturopath or a one done by a medical pathology lab?

He was a blood analyst. He worked for an "alternative" healing place.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member

He was a blood analyst. He worked for an "alternative" healing place.

:|
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    If I were you I'd attack your sodium number with a vengeance and bring it way down. It's a good idea to stay away from the alcohol but the rest isn't necessary.
  • stargazgal
    luluinca wrote: »
    If I were you I'd attack your sodium number with a vengeance and bring it way down. It's a good idea to stay away from the alcohol but the rest isn't necessary.

Yes. I'm trying hard. This week I've weighed, measured and tried to eat wayyyyy cleaner. I appreciate everyone's input. :)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    You'll be fine.............just keep fine tuning until you find what works for you!