Partners who get jealous over weightloss...?

Options
Nikki_WantsIt
Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
Has this happened to anyone? Just curious...

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • nrbrake
    nrbrake Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes! Haha I'm crazy jealous of my husbands weight loss. Did I mention he eats enormous amounts of whatever he wants? Drinks soda and sugar ALL day. He once dropped 12 pounds rather quickly by switching to diet soda... oh the envy. Now a days I'm over it as I realize even if I didn't lose weight one week I'm healthier than he is. He also does manual labor for 16 hours a day so he's got an enormous calorie burn! (:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My husband was worried that when I lost all my weight that I would be completely out of his "league" and that I would want to dump him when guys paid attention to me more.

He was so wrong, I'm still madly in love with him. :)
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I was still with my now ex-fiance, he'd always tell me I didn't need to lose weight and I'd look fine with ten more pounds on me. He was clearly worried that if I got a hot body, I'd leave him for something better. I ended up leaving him anyway and now I'm working on getting that hot body. :)
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I dated someone who became increasingly jealous as I started to lose weight. He assumed that as I lost weight that suddenly everyone was looking at me, and that I in return was looking at them. He started to say things along the line of 'when you were thicker (whatever) was better in some way' in an attempt to sabotage my weight loss.

Jealousy is a disease.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    yep, the long haired general thinks I'll shape up and ship out. She needs lots of reassurance.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not yet.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Foe those who's spouses are jealous, do you not take it as an insult? He is basically saying as you are you are he can hold on to you but God forbid you lose weight then everybody and their brother will want a piece.

Sounds insulting to me.

My husband is happy and supportive of my weight loss and is enjoying it... a lot.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Foe those who's spouses are jealous, do you not take it as an insult? He is basically saying as you are you are he can hold on to you but God forbid you lose weight then everybody and their brother will want a piece.

Sounds insulting to me.

My husband is happy and supportive of my weight loss and is enjoying it... a lot.

I support every oz of weight my wife loses. But it would be pretty naïve to think that a man or woman shouldn't develop some "insecurity" when the person that means the most to them may start getting approached by people they "normally" wouldn't be approached by....even the strongest of relationships develop insecurity at times. This is why it is important to talk about it and reinforce to each other the love you have for one another.

My wife is way more insecure about my working out/losing weight, than I ever could be of hers. I just try to let her know that she is still the star in my sky, and I'm not hunting for other solar systems.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yes, and she kicked me out 3 weeks before Christmas a couple years ago. I'm better off.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

Sounds insulting to me.

I support every oz of weight my wife loses. But it would be pretty naïve to think that a man or woman shouldn't develop some "insecurity" when the person that means the most to them may start getting approached by people they "normally" wouldn't be approached by....even the strongest of relationships develop insecurity at times. This is why it is important to talk about it and reinforce to each other the love you have for one another.

My wife is way more insecure about my working out/losing weight, than I ever could be of hers. I just try to let her know that she is still the star in my sky, and I'm not hunting for other solar systems.

Well put. That is so very sweet!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    No
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. Very nicely put!

[/quote]

[/quote]
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    No jealousy but he's very much an enabler. I'll say no thanks to something and he's respond with "just one bite", etc. He knows good and well I wouldn't stop at just one bite.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say jealous, but she is always telling me that she loves me the way I am (was) and that I don't need to lose weight or watch my intake. Mind you, she was a 'chubby chaser' when I met her 13 years ago. I'm not sure if we will still be together when I get close to my goals, but that's a chance I'm willing to take for my health.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nope. My hubby is thrilled for me, and now he is totally committed to losing weight as well. He lost 9 pounds this month alone. At 62 years old he's looking pretty hot!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I had one of those...notice the word "had?"...I got so sick of it I dumped him and now am married to the most supportive and wonderful man!!!!

He actually loves the fact other men are looking. Makes him feel like he got the catch of the century and knows I won't stray.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I think it has less to do with you losing weight and suddenly everybody wanting you, and more with you losing weight and becoming more confident and happy with your body and some people ( not only your partners) can become jealous of that.
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    oh yes...it is a nightmare...and it can't be solved
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I think it has less to do with you losing weight and suddenly everybody wanting you, and more with you losing weight and becoming more confident and happy with your body and some people ( not only your partners) can become jealous of that.

I think that was alot of my ex's problem.