Anyone else in their 20s?

Options
Hi everyone.
I'm looking for anyone my age who can help me stay on track and give me advice.
Or vise versa.
I'm a 24 year old medical coder, so I sit on my butt 8 hours a day.
I weigh 169 lbs. I used to weight 150 lbs. before I met my boyfriend a year ago.
And between taking on his eating habits and going from a warehouse jobs to a sitting job, I feel lost.
I go home after work everyday and do 62 mins of a conditioning work out and then each day a different muscle group.
And I started eating better again, it has been about a month and I haven't lost even a pound.
My goal is to loss 19 lbs.

Replies

• ravenrainchild
    ravenrainchild Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Omg girl. I'm the same way. Pretty much everything you said matches me
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 25 and in the same boat. Desk job, married to a man with horrible eating habits lol. You can add me!
  • caryestremera787
    Options
    Yeah me too.but my problem is baby weight..i
    Used to be 130,now im 163 horrible...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating at a deficit. Start eating at a deficit and you will lose weight.

So... if you are eating e.g. 2000 calories right now, drop it to 1900 and monitor for a few weeks. If you barely lose, drop to 1800. Keep dropping and monitoring for a few weeks until you start consistently losing 0.5-1lb/week.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica. I will be 24 until the end of the month. I am visiting a friend right now on the other side of the country and have decided to take a break from this whole thing. I will be back to what I usually do after my birthday. I am going for the bulky muscle. So everything I do is going to be about protein and lifting. However, I am cheap so all my stuff will be on a budget.
  • thefaultswefound
    thefaultswefound Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ana3067, I eat about 1700 calories a day and have been doing that since Nov.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica. I will be 24 until the end of the month. I am visiting a friend right now on the other side of the country and have decided to take a break from this whole thing. I will be back to what I usually do after my birthday. I am going for the bulky muscle. So everything I do is going to be about protein and lifting. However, I am cheap so all my stuff will be on a budget.

If you're about "bulky muscle" then I'm assuming you will be on a calorie surplus, in which case it's not just about protein and lifting. Although if you are looking to drop body fat to expose your existing muscle, then a calorie deficit is important, again not just lifting nad protein. Considering how bare your log is, you may have issues successfully accomplishing a slow bulk or cut without adding too much fat/losing too much muscle, unless you have learned how to eat at a small enough surplus and deficit for your goals without physically tracking.
  • sparkle126
    sparkle126 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, am 26, i do 30 mins exercise a day doing Jillian Michaels, which I fit around my little boy. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day depending on my exercise. I lost 7 lb in the first 2 weeks bk on MFP after Xmas. Also started walking. Like the girls have said you need a dificent to lose the weight. Add me. X
  • teagirlmedium
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

If you're about "bulky muscle" then I'm assuming you will be on a calorie surplus, in which case it's not just about protein and lifting. Although if you are looking to drop body fat to expose your existing muscle, then a calorie deficit is important, again not just lifting nad protein. Considering how bare your log is, you may have issues successfully accomplishing a slow bulk or cut without adding too much fat/losing too much muscle, unless you have learned how to eat at a small enough surplus and deficit for your goals without physically tracking.

I am not about showing existing muscles yet. Later I may be, but for now I just want to look big. I realize there are more things that go into this. However, because I will just be starting this I am just going to focus on consuming more protein and lifting. Later I will change what I do and add more stuff to reach whatever my goal is in the future. I wont focus on the other stuff for at least a couple of months. I started logging in planners, one is for food and one is for exercises. I like the planners better because I can carry them with me, my phone tends to give me issues with this website when I try to log. I have been traveling since the 8th of this month. So my internet has been limited.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You can add me, same thing... sit on my butt all day and my boyfriends eating habits are HORRIBLE!
  • sammielouise071
    sammielouise071 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Sammie 23 and 113lbs (4'11)
    I'm looking to lose 8lbs with the help of MFP and some exercising when I can .
    Would love to add you all so I have some friends on here xx
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation! I'm 21, 5'4", and 175lbs. I've gained 20-25lbs in the last year and a half. My fiance is the same way, terrible eating habits, and I also work a desk job.

My goal is to lose 40lbs!
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same situation except replace boyfriend with sister. You can add me if you like!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'd love for you to add me, I'm new and also need friends for motivation! I am 27 and hoping to lose around 50 pounds!
  • megansmcguire
    megansmcguire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and I gained about 30 lbs last year because of a medication. Hoping to take at least that much off!
  • ana3067
    Options

I am not about showing existing muscles yet. Later I may be, but for now I just want to look big. I realize there are more things that go into this. However, because I will just be starting this I am just going to focus on consuming more protein and lifting. Later I will change what I do and add more stuff to reach whatever my goal is in the future. I wont focus on the other stuff for at least a couple of months. I started logging in planners, one is for food and one is for exercises. I like the planners better because I can carry them with me, my phone tends to give me issues with this website when I try to log. I have been traveling since the 8th of this month. So my internet has been limited.

If you want to look big then you'll have to eat at a surplus, otherwise you will basically spin your wheels. Eating at maintenance while learning your lifts is a fine idea though, but if you're not totally new to lifting then you might as well try bulking if you aren't set on definition yet (although having definition does make you look more muscular/bigger). To be honest, I don't think there's much use in logging your food if you're not garnering caloric and macro info from the log itself, since it doesn't really tell you much about how much you are eating. Unless you weigh it all and just track it, then will enter it in much later so you can see on average how much you ate and correlate that with your weight management results?
  • ana3067
    Options
    ana3067, I eat about 1700 calories a day and have been doing that since Nov.
    If you haven't lost any weight then you're likely either eating more than this wihtout realizing, or you are way less active than you think and your maintenance is closer to 1700. It could be issues with your logging - making your diary public would enable others who have had success to offer some pointers to steer things in the right direction if you've been without results since November! That's a long enough time to have already seen results, so there's clearly something off about your Cals in cals out (CICO) balance.
  • Ashleyhap
    Options
    I'm 28 married with a two and a half year old and a 3 month old and trying to go from 186 to 130... I'm down 6 pounds as of Jan 1st! Add me
  • teagirlmedium
    Options

If you want to look big then you'll have to eat at a surplus, otherwise you will basically spin your wheels. Eating at maintenance while learning your lifts is a fine idea though, but if you're not totally new to lifting then you might as well try bulking if you aren't set on definition yet (although having definition does make you look more muscular/bigger). To be honest, I don't think there's much use in logging your food if you're not garnering caloric and macro info from the log itself, since it doesn't really tell you much about how much you are eating. Unless you weigh it all and just track it, then will enter it in much later so you can see on average how much you ate and correlate that with your weight management results?

All I track in the planner for food is the food/protein per meal. It is set up as a monthly calendar with lines on it so that I can see what I am averaging intake wise in protein. This way I can look at what I ate, how much protein was in it and easily decided how to add more later. For now I am not worrying about the calories. I am just trying to get myself used to eating lots of protein again. In the past (few years ago) when I was focusing on protein levels I was drinking protein shakes. I do not want to do that anymore I just want my protein from food, so now I am focusing on which foods have protein in them and if I like them or not. Later I will focus on the calories in the food.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 work in a factory where I'm constantly moving.. feel free to add me