Why the hate on Sugar?

Options

Replies

• healthiermeep
    Options
    Hmm is there a popcorn scare oh with hell IDC gets it anyways this is interesting

Don't worry, these threads are a daily occurrence but most get mod nuked eventually. Wait till the GIFs start showing up then you know it won't be long.
    Lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    carrieous wrote: »
    people that are addicted to sugar get upset when you tell them sugar is bad for them. if they would just break the addiction they would understand, but they are not ready to do that yet.

LOL drive by girl is back I see…

I leave to play PS4 for a few hours and this whole thread blows up ...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Hmm is there a popcorn scare oh with hell IDC gets it anyways this is interesting

Don't worry, these threads are a daily occurrence but most get mod nuked eventually. Wait till the GIFs start showing up then you know it won't be long.

Gifs, you say??

family-guy-cookie-dough_zps5erzo336.gif

I could go on, but I won't.
    Google image searching for that gif also yielded an picture of a lady wearing a bikini made of cookies though...I wonder what would happen if I posted that.

Wont bother me none. So go ahead

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Gifs, you say??

family-guy-cookie-dough_zps5erzo336.gif

I could go on, but I won't.
    Google image searching for that gif also yielded an picture of a lady wearing a bikini made of cookies though...I wonder what would happen if I posted that.

That's perfect!
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    I wanna see the cookie girl
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    The idea of "addiction to sugar" always drives me nuts. As cute as those little puff pieces on the today show are, sugar is not more addictive than [insert scare drug here]. Watch someone with a real addiction go through detox and then tell me again how you're a "choco-holic."

for real ..

walk in to AA and say hi my name is so and so and I am addicted to sugar ….and see what the reaction is...

• Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

for real ..

walk in to AA and say hi my name is so and so and I am addicted to sugar ….and see what the reaction is...

Just had a flash back to Bob Saget in Half Baked
  • Tigg_er
    Options
    Lol
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    And I don't wanna get a strike or whatever

I think you are good, that is barely PG. Now the girl with the tattoo of Cookie Monster eating her nipple . . .
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    You appear to be new here, people have gotten strikes for far, far less.
    I never noticed the one of the nipple-eating tattoo...yikes!

Wow really? LOTS of people show more skin than that in their profile pics.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Watch "Fed Up". Sugar is considered a major culprit behind the obesity epidemic. It is also highly inflammatory in the body, and inflammation promotes disease. It isn't an either/or. It is a good idea to avoid both artificial sweeteners and limit added sugar that doesn't come naturally from fruits and vegetables.

Why would anyone flag this comment? It's dead spot-on accurate. So are several others that discuss the issue from a technical perspective.

When I quit eating processed foods and sucrose, I lost 50 pounds. I've said it a number of times (actually now it's 52 pounds as of this morning). I don't miss it at all. No cravings. I have sweets two cubicles away from me and I look at them and laugh. Then I laugh at all the poor saps gravitating to those foods. Then I shake my head when I see their body shapes - all of them are overweight. I was one of them at one time. No more.

There's no use for it. Doesn't mean it should be banned, far from it. Up to people to decide - but fructose with fiber metabolizes much differently than sucrose or anything that's a processed food. I know people who eat processed "diet" foods and they never lose weight. Gotta wonder why? It's not CICO - it's the issue of processed sugar.
    Maniacal workplace laughter aside, why do you think people struggling with their weight is funny? It makes me sad when I see people coming on here with weight to lose and no real idea of how to do that, because I was one of them once.

FYI, "it's not CICO it's sugar" actually contributes to a lot of weight gain. Making people think that if they just avoid certain foods they can eat what they like is a recipe for binges.

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Watch "Fed Up". Sugar is considered a major culprit behind the obesity epidemic. It is also highly inflammatory in the body, and inflammation promotes disease. It isn't an either/or. It is a good idea to avoid both artificial sweeteners and limit added sugar that doesn't come naturally from fruits and vegetables.

Why would anyone flag this comment? It's dead spot-on accurate. So are several others that discuss the issue from a technical perspective.

When I quit eating processed foods and sucrose, I lost 50 pounds. I've said it a number of times (actually now it's 52 pounds as of this morning). I don't miss it at all. No cravings. I have sweets two cubicles away from me and I look at them and laugh. Then I laugh at all the poor saps gravitating to those foods. Then I shake my head when I see their body shapes - all of them are overweight. I was one of them at one time. No more.

There's no use for it. Doesn't mean it should be banned, far from it. Up to people to decide - but fructose with fiber metabolizes much differently than sucrose or anything that's a processed food. I know people who eat processed "diet" foods and they never lose weight. Gotta wonder why? It's not CICO - it's the issue of processed sugar.
    Maniacal workplace laughter aside, why do you think people struggling with their weight is funny? It makes me sad when I see people coming on here with weight to lose and no real idea of how to do that, because I was one of them once.

FYI, "it's not CICO it's sugar" actually contributes to a lot of weight gain. Making people think that if they just avoid certain foods they can eat what they like is a recipe for binges.

I agree...I know I already called the guy out on this insane post before, but man, what a dickish thing to say, and to think about your coworkers.

I saw the call-outs as I went down but man oh man, does it bear repeating.
  • Khukhullatus
    Options

I saw the call-outs as I went down but man oh man, does it bear repeating.

You guys don't think it's cool to openly mock your coworkers and treat them as though they are beneath you? I can't understand why not.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I quit eating processed foods and sucrose, I lost 50 pounds.

You know what works even better, at least in America?

Keep strict kosher.

*Any* plan that eliminates large sources of calories can get you to a deficit - which means its not the thing that's being eliminated that makes the difference - it's the act of elimination that causes the "magic".

• healthiermeep
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    When I quit eating processed foods and sucrose, I lost 50 pounds.

You know what works even better, at least in America?

Keep strict kosher.

*Any* plan that eliminates large sources of calories can get you to a deficit - which means its not the thing that's being eliminated that makes the difference - it's the act of elimination that causes the "magic".

You can eat real food at a deficit and loose the same amount a lot of people still enjoy sweets and took off the pounds
This discussion has been closed.