Fat lose with processed/packet/canned

Although it is not recommended in terms of overall health but for fat loss i think it is easier to track those calories from canned or processed food since the calories are provided. I know that some company might waived out the calories if the macros is below than 4g and this is a huge difference when it comes to 4g of fat which will give 36kcal. But if at the end of the day you give add additional 20% of total calories intake to your diary then it should be fine.

Im 174cm 22 y/o M currently weight 62.3kg with around 15% BF, my target is to get ripped (7% BF) before i start to bulk up. I still got fat around my tummy but i know it took time. Since this cutting phase is temporary, can i just eat those food to reach my goals? i.e packed cookies, canned sardines.

My current daily calories intakes is 500kcal-1000kcal per day and i know it is insanely low but through out the day i just play computer games with 1 hour weightlift at gym so it is fine since im not moving at all. i stuck at 62-63kg for 3 to 4 days but i willing to wait for another 2 more days to see the scale moving before i "pull my hair off".

Please give some advise or recommendation TQ

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Advise? EAT MORE. EAT FOOD. You're roughly, what 5'8"? and weigh 136 and are eating what a child eats in order to lose more.
    Sorry, not what you asked, but yowsa.

It's not "fine".
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Eat way more. 1000 is lower than recommended for women, and you're already towards the lower end of the BMI chart. If you keep up with eating that amount, you won't have the energy for lifting.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm a woman also 5"8, and you're roughly at my goal weight.
    I echo what the others are saying..... Eat more or else you will more than likely burn out eventually. And you won't have to pull your hair out, as it might fall out all by itself, which is sometimes a side effect of VLCD
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Good lord child. Quit trying to damage your body and eat some food.
  • ferdinandthong
    ferdinandthong Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks for the advise, will 1200kcal-1500kcal per day will get me ripped?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

What are you talking about? Eat a lot and work on gaining muscle, like two times that. I didn't take an in depth look but it doesn't seem like you have fat to lose.
  • ferdinandthong
    I echo what the others are saying..... Eat more or else you will more than likely burn out eventually. And you won't have to pull your hair out, as it might fall out all by itself, which is sometimes a side effect of VLCD

what i mean by pull my hair off is start worry
  • Sabine_Stroehm

And what she meant was IT WILL FALL OUT because you're starving yourself.
  • malibu927

Eat at LEAST at maintenance and lift. You'll be better off.
  • ferdinandthong
    arditarose wrote: »

What are you talking about? Eat a lot and work on gaining muscle, like two times that. I didn't take an in depth look but it doesn't seem like you have fat to lose.

There are still fat around my tummy which i can pinch and with a fat calipers it shows a reading around 15mm
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    You gotta be a troll. My skinny 6 year old son eats around 1500 a day. EAT MORE.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    You gotta be a troll. My skinny 6 year old son eats around 1500 a day. EAT MORE.

Look at his other posts. I think he's an actual poster. Who doesn't have a clue.
    He's posted on several other threads about eating junk food and wanting to get "ripped".
  • ferdinandthong
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Advise? EAT MORE. EAT FOOD. You're roughly, what 5'8"? and weigh 136 and are eating what a child eats in order to lose more.
    Sorry, not what you asked, but yowsa.

It's not "fine".

That^^^^ Exactly that^^^^

Anyone that comes into this thread and tells you any different is completely misguided.

Also, it will be physically impossible for you to get down to 7% body with your muscle mass because you will basically look completely emaciated. You don't have the necessary lbm to achieve a ripped 7% body.

but isn't that as long as someone in calories deficit he/she will lose fat?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member

We get that. But if you take in too few calories--and you are--your body starts shutting down nonessential processes like nail and hair growth. You will eventually start seeing your hair fall out, and it may not grow back.
  • cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    but isn't that as long as someone in calories deficit he/she will lose fat?
    Nope. A deficit will result in weight loss some of which will be fat. Some of it will also be muscle including heart muscle.
  • ferdinandthong
    edited January 2015

Look at his other posts. I think he's an actual poster. Who doesn't have a clue.
    He's posted on several other threads about eating junk food and wanting to get "ripped".

Actually I am very depress now because the scale does not move and from the mirror i cant see any improvement of fat loss, I really need advise and motivation :\ , all my post about eating junk food is because i want to know that losing fat and get ripped is all about calories in vs out, im not a big fans of junk food. Your words here kinda hurt me a lot.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

Actually I am very depress now and need advise and motivation :\ , all my post about eating junk food is because i want to know that losing fat and get ripped is all about calories in vs out, im not a big fans of junk food. Your words here kinda hurt me a lot.

Don't be hurt, we want you to be healthy. You don't need to eat junk food. You just need to eat-more, whatever. Eat your maintenance calories at least. Have you calculated them?
  • malibu927

Actually I am very depress now because the scale does not move and from the mirror i cant see any improvement of fat loss, I really need advise and motivation :\ , all my post about eating junk food is because i want to know that losing fat and get ripped is all about calories in vs out, im not a big fans of junk food. Your words here kinda hurt me a lot.

It sounds like you may want to seek the advice of a professional to look at body image issues
  • Sabine_Stroehm

English is not your first language, I presume. Perhaps I misunderstood your posts. But that's what I understood.
  • ferdinandthong
    arditarose wrote: »

Actually I am very depress now and need advise and motivation :\ , all my post about eating junk food is because i want to know that losing fat and get ripped is all about calories in vs out, im not a big fans of junk food. Your words here kinda hurt me a lot.

Don't be hurt, we want you to be healthy. You don't need to eat junk food. You just need to eat-more, whatever. Eat your maintenance calories at least. Have you calculated them?

yes, is around 1900kcal per day and that is 57kg with BF that is below 10%. From the view of BMI i will be nearly underweight with that goal but that is my goal before i start to bulk up and gain muscle.