Rhode Island/Massachusetts

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Boston here. Just bought a house in Westwood, though. Already miss the city and ready to move again :(
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I'm in Somerville, snow is evil. MBTA is screwed.

Of all the places I went this winter, Somerville was the worst. They just did an extremely poor job dealing with the snow. I feel for you. Union Square was once my home.

• stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    RHolden85 wrote: »
    Never been. Down in Cheshire. Who knows it may still be your idyllic country get away ;) don't want to dash your CT dreams lol btw it's kind of funny you want to move back to CT when everyone in CT is always talking about going to RI!!

Maybe I will take a day trip to the old neighborhood and see how it looks. Never been to Cheshire. It just sounds expensive ;)

Other than where I lived I have only been to Putnam and Hartford. Is that so? What is it that RI has to offer that draws you fine people here?

Lol Cheshire is expensive.:some of the higher taxes in the state (gross!) But excellent schools! Honestly, I don't know what draws people to RI...other that. The fact the beaches supposedly have waves up there lol! If you ever come back down, you'll have to update me if your town is what you remember it to be :) CT is so built up nowadays!
  • RHolden85
    RHolden85 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    dmarsh1018 wrote: »
    MA here, right at the CT/RI/MA border....kinda.

Right there in the middle of all the action!
  • RHolden85
    Options
    justjack18 wrote: »
    NY here

Ah, NY! Thank you for stopping in. I have been a few times for work. No offense, but it is not my favorite place. The city is far too congested. I loved Troy though, beautiful area.
  • RHolden85
    Options
    I live on a road which is on a island , does that count? ;)

I'll allow it. Thinking outside the box here ;)
  • RHolden85
    Options
    @sbetts2229 I agree, it's all a hop, skip and a jump away!

@christians_mom Thank you for checking in. It is nice to see more locals coming together!

@hardcorep0rk more power to you! I dislike the cities. I love personal space and peace and quiet. I work in Boston often. No sooner do I get there I am ready to get out of there. I hope you get used to the new area.

@Tonydevolani_ Yes, yes it is. When I joined the military, everywhere I went for a duty station, this is how they remembered RI was actually a state. Or I got "Isn't Rhode Island a part of New York?"
  • RHolden85
    Options
    Never been. Down in Cheshire. Who knows it may still be your idyllic country get away ;) don't want to dash your CT dreams lol btw it's kind of funny you want to move back to CT when everyone in CT is always talking about going to RI!!

Maybe I will take a day trip to the old neighborhood and see how it looks. Never been to Cheshire. It just sounds expensive ;)

Other than where I lived I have only been to Putnam and Hartford. Is that so? What is it that RI has to offer that draws you fine people here?

Lol Cheshire is expensive.:some of the higher taxes in the state (gross!) But excellent schools! Honestly, I don't know what draws people to RI...other that. The fact the beaches supposedly have waves up there lol! If you ever come back down, you'll have to update me if your town is what you remember it to be :) CT is so built up nowadays!

Taxes are brutal, especially in well developed and well maintained areas. But to be honest, if the schools are excellent then it must be worth every penny. Not too often you hear of schools being excellent! Yes, we do infact have waves, unfortunately the upper bay is a great collection point for all of the ocean trash and the outer bay is constantly overrun by red tide lol. I am sure I will be in CT over the summer when I am looking for new places to hike. I enjoy getting away for a day trip through the woods or in the mountains. I will certainly keep you updated and if you make your way here to RI you will have to keep me updated on what you think of the place ;)

• HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    You loved Troy? That is the armpit of NY and just a hole in the heroin highway. I'm shocked.
    NY here

Ah, NY! Thank you for stopping in. I have been a few times for work. No offense, but it is not my favorite place. The city is far too congested. I loved Troy though, beautiful area.
  • RHolden85
    Options
    You loved Troy? That is the armpit of NY and just a hole in the heroin highway. I'm shocked.
    NY here

Maybe I didn't spend enough time there. I spent 2 days working on an account at a private school. I didn't get to explore much. Maybe more time out and about would have revealed a much different view.
  • ritualsilence83
    ritualsilence83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey all, from the wareham MA area. Looking for local MFP friends. And possible fitness buddies, it seems I tend to diet and exercise for 2 weeks then slack off for a month. I need to end this vicious cycle and lose it for good!
  • RHolden85
    Options
    Hey all, from the wareham MA area. Looking for local MFP friends. And possible fitness buddies, it seems I tend to diet and exercise for 2 weeks then slack off for a month. I need to end this vicious cycle and lose it for good!

I used to be the same way. But since January I have gone off like a mad man on this diet and exercise routine. 2014 was a terrible year for me and once 2015 got here I took all of that negative energy and put into turning my life around. Here I am lighter, happier, healthier and enjoying life the way we all should! Keep focused. Find the key that motivates and visit it often in order to remind you what it is you are fighting for! Best of luck.

• RHolden85
    Options
    Any other New England users out there? My search continues!
  • gonettie2015
    gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yep!
    Massachusetts - suburbia, north of Boston.
    nice to run across a thread of people from my corner of the world. hi!
  • RHolden85
    Options
    yep!
    Massachusetts - suburbia, north of Boston.
    nice to run across a thread of people from my corner of the world. hi!

I agree. I enjoy meeting people from all over but sometimes you just want to connect with some locals. Nice to "meet" you gonettie.

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Boston right here :)
  • RHolden85
    Options
    I was in boston today for work. Welcome to the thread. Nice to "meet" you!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Which part? I work in Kendall Sq. I just moved here last month though so im still figuring this place out haha
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Used to live in Centerdale and bar hopped in Providence back in the day
  • RHolden85
    Options
    I was in Cambridge. I'm not much for the city, so good luck!