Formally 'fat girl' look...

Options
I was looking at Kelly Osbourne and Jennifer Hudson, and to me they have that 'formally fat girl' look. Is it because of their bone structure? I don't ever want to have that look when I lose weight. I want to look naturally slim

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you're not judging.

Kelly Osbourne looks that way because of her facial structure. She has a wide jawbone which gives her face and head a larger, chubby look. And that is fine, varying looks is not a bad thing.

As far as Jennifer Hudson goes, I've no idea what you're talking about.

If you're not naturally slim, you're not going to look naturally slim. And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about Kelly Osbourne especially. Although I wonder if that's just because we've seen them bigger? I think Kelly Osbourne could put on a bit thought, she's very very thin now.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Kelly Osbourne looks that way because of her facial structure. She has a wide jawbone which gives her face and head a larger, chubby look. And that is fine, varying looks is not a bad thing.

If you're not naturally slim, you're not going to look naturally slim. And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.

^^this
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    formerly?

as for formally i dont think i'd ever seen kelly osbourne in formal attire when she was heavier. but in general i suppose the formal fat girl look is just as horrid as the formal skinny girl look which is pretty much badly designed ill-fitting dresses and generic satin shoes that are dyed to whatever horrendous shade the dress is in
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NM
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    skinnyfat look. they lost with cardio only.

edit: that said, i looked as some of kellys recent pics, shes hit the gym a fair bit. looking a lot more athletic now.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

^^ This! Kelly Osbourne has a round face and it's always going to be round. On the other hand, I have a square face and it doesn't have the "baby face" look like hers does.

TBH, I had to google Jennifer Hudson and from the pictures I saw, I wouldn't be able to tell if she was overweight in one point of her life or not. She looks like she's at a healthy weight.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I think they both look pretty damn good. They look healthier and awesomely curvy. Koodos to them. I'd rather look like a "former fat girl" then the fat girl I am now.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    skinnyfat look. they lost with cardio only.

edit: that said, i looked as some of kellys recent pics, shes hit the gym a fair bit. looking a lot more athletic now.

then I will make sure I lift weights..
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I suppose that is just because we are used to seeing them overweight.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Call me weird, but I personally like the way "skinny fat" looks. It's actually my goal.
  • whierd
    Options
    Call me weird, but I personally like the way "skinny fat" looks. It's actually my goal.

And that is fine. We each have our own standards of beauty, and if that is what you want, I support you 100%.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    294tglk.gif
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    seriously? They were judged when they were heavy, and now your judging them because they aren't the right type of skinny? Go deal with your own issues instead of projecting them on others.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options

And that is fine. We each have our own standards of beauty, and if that is what you want, I support you 100%.

:bigsmile: :heart:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjmLF1JrOOIVK2iz0Jza8bgGLuuZQavACSbZ7HzcYGfxzfCybOxQ Am I late to the party? I heard it was a formal affair.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    seriously? They were judged when they were heavy, and now your judging them because they aren't the right type of skinny? Go deal with your own issues instead of projecting them on others.

My thoughts exactly.
  • whierd
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look

You will only look like Kelly Rowland if you have the same body type as she does. If you don't, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Learn to love your body for what it is.
  • Maracuya77
    Maracuya77 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow, that's such a rude thing to say.

So...you want to lose weight to 'look good'? And not look 'fat'? What about worrying about your health and doing it for your future, for your lungs, for your heart, for your kids?

If you have kids, I really hope you do not project these kind of hateful things to them. Who cares if those females you mentioned have rounder faces. It's genetics. It's bone structure. It's not a big deal! Shallow!