Formally 'fat girl' look...

Options

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The word "toned" would should permanently removed from the language of health and fitness!!

This PSA courtesy of a formerly, yet rarely formal fat girl.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    2hnnk9c.gif
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally skinny. I only weighed 7lb once...bit more now right enough.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

So jealous.

My lowest weight was 8lbs, 6oz. You're so lucky to be naturally small like that.
  • route32
    route32 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know it is hard trying to find a "goal look" or a "goal weight", but I found website that helps. It is called My Body Gallery, and it shows you what real women in your weight/height range look like, so you can set your goals realistically. Avoiding the need to use celebrities as guides, as they have professional help to make them look thin. I am sure people have put this site out there before, but here it is again. Good look to you. And let me know if it helps. http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you're not judging.

Kelly Osbourne looks that way because of her facial structure. She has a wide jawbone which gives her face and head a larger, chubby look. And that is fine, varying looks is not a bad thing.

As far as Jennifer Hudson goes, I've no idea what you're talking about.

If you're not naturally slim, you're not going to look naturally slim. And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.

^^ This! Kelly Osbourne has a round face and it's always going to be round. On the other hand, I have a square face and it doesn't have the "baby face" look like hers does.

TBH, I had to google Jennifer Hudson and from the pictures I saw, I wouldn't be able to tell if she was overweight in one point of her life or not. She looks like she's at a healthy weight.
    I have a round face, so even when I was "skinny," my face looked bigger. My daughter has the same facial shape, and she looks a little chubby if you look at just her face, but she has a 6 pack and you can see muscle definition in her arms and legs... and she's only 6.

I think Kelly Osborne and Jennifer Hudson look amazing.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I associate the `fat girl` look with the face and arms in general. I've seen around many girls losing tons of weight, having skiiny legs, nice small body... but still with a chubby face and big-flabby arms. Most of them get rid of that look after about a year after they lost the weight. But during a short period, you could tell that they used to be fat and lost weight. But those girls I know lost weight quickly, only by eating in small quantities.

Maybe it's a genetic/regional thing, because I've seen it a lot where I live, but on MFP most people look in progress pictures like they have the look for years, not in permanent change. Well... 90% of MFP people are great looking big or small... I sometimes feel like MFP it's `gorgeous people united` :laugh: .

In the end, it's about losing weight, but the some parts changing only after more time. Some lose all the weight and then the skin tones after more months... some lose all the weight and lose the `fat` look after more months.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

So jealous.

My lowest weight was 8lbs, 6oz. You're so lucky to be naturally small like that.
    I was doomed to be fat from the get go. My lowest was 9lbs 9oz. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

So jealous.

6lbs. 12 oz. here... I was a waif.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hudson looks amazing...get a life
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    someone mentioned a high horse earlier & I want to say I am opposed to the intentional doping of animals.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

So jealous.

:laugh:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

So jealous.

6 lbs even, I was a dinky, tiny little thing. I probably even had a pretty low BF%.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Epic snarkgasm :laugh:
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    someone mentioned a high horse earlier & I want to say I am opposed to the intentional doping of animals.

This. Is. Awesome.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

So jealous.

6 lbs even, I was a dinky, tiny little thing. I probably even had a pretty low BF%.

i-can-t-even-o.gif

deadtomequeen_zps0490b8c0.gif

Life just isn't fair. :sad:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I think they are both beautiful. Before and after. There is a lot more to beauty that what's on the outside. But hey.....lots of luck on your after look. :wink:
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have this really pretty black dress that I wear when I want that "formally fat girl look". I also like to go with an updo and some sparkly jewellery. I don't do heels, though.
    What?! No heels? Girl, they make my tush look firmer, so I love heels when I want the "formally fat girl" look.

I don't want to be "casually fat". That's just unattractive. Formal is the way to go!!

:laugh:

I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans fat myself, but it's mostly because I don't have anywhere to go that requires formal fat attire. :-( I need to branch out a little more.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look

You will only look like Kelly Rowland if you have the same body type as she does. If you don't, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Learn to love your body for what it is.
    You're right. I just want that very toned and lean look that Kelly Rowland and Rihanna have. You can tell they are naturally skinny women.

Yes, and if you are here trying to lose weight, I'm assuming that you are not naturally thin.

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs. I used to be slimmer a few years ago but gained the weight due to depression. I just want my body to be very toned when I get down to 135lbs again.

Then you need to worry more about body fat ratios than pounds. Rihanna is probably about an 18% body fat ratio. She's actually thinner up-close in person than in photos.

do I need to buy a body fat calculator ?

No, not a body fat calculator. Counselling I think. Try to figure out why you have this insane urge to disrespect people for their achievements. When someone takes measures to improve their health we should be applauding that, not disrespecting them for not being "naturally" that way. If someone has cancer and they beat it do we disrespect that and say well, you should be naturally cancer free and you aren't so that really sucks for you? No we are happy they have gotten healthy and didn't die. Well for some losing weight is the same thing, if they don't lose weight they face serious health issues. Some will still have serious health issues even after losing a lot of weight age related issues, or auto immune issues, or they may still have consequences from having been terribly overweight. That didn't happen to the women you mentioned and I am glad they never faced those consequences, but if they had kept letting their weight go out of control they could have. They didn't and we should be happy for them.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to look flabby and my face to look old and gaunt. Those are my concerns.