Tall women pants sizes and weight?

Options

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    5'10", 232 size 16-18

Watch vanity sizing! Sizes have creeped up in the last 20 years.
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread! I am in the same boat as you OP. I am starting around 245, am 5'10, and carry most of it from my waist down, although I definitely need to lose inches in my arms too. I am currently in a size 18 pant, and cant wait to start buying smaller ones. I have been on here for a while, but yoyo'ed between 250 and 235 before giving up for a while. I will be 40 in a month, so am finally motivated to make permanent changes in my life, including making a commitment to getting and staying healthy. I'm also going to be planning a wedding this year, which is another big motivator. I wish everyone tremendous success in 2015!
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight extremely well. Most people won't realize that I still weigh right around 200 - I'm around 5'9"ish. I wear a 13/14 right now. When I was at the height of my weight - 267 - I wore between an 18 and 20. I just switched down, in the past few months, from a 16 to a 13/14 (can finally get into Junior's clothes again!!).
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 160 and a 6/8. Some stores I have 10s, some stores I have 4s. I think I am somewhat "small" for my weight. My goal is to be 140-145 and a consistent 4.

Everyone carries their weight very differently.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 272, heaviest was 286. I was wearing a size 22, still am because I haven't got new jeans yet (I'm a nurse so I wear scrubs at work so I really wear are jeans) but I have noticed that I have to buy a belt for my 22s. At my lowest weight I was about 190-200 and wearing a 12/14 depending on the brand.

My goal is to get to about 200- I have a very heavy bone structure and lots of muscle under the flab. I gain all over so it takes forever to notice weight gone.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    brain328 wrote: »

I'm 6'0" - At my biggest, 300 lbs I wore a size 22 pants. I currently am at about 80 lbs lost and I now wear either a 12 or 14 tall. Gets harder and harder to find pants, the more weight I lose.

I'm nearly 6'2" and I feel your pain, no matter what size I am. It appears that they assume that larger people are also taller people so they increase the length a little (still too short for me though!), but that smaller people can't possibly be, so the pants are anywhere between 2 and 4" too short. Bah! And I live in Australia, which makes it worse - very little variety in long pants, so I order them online from America. Gap seems to do them long enough in their extra-tall section, so give them a go! :smile:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    5'8.5"

I started at 156 and a size 12 US about three years ago.
    Today I weighed in at 153.2 and I am between a size 4 and 6 US.

I don't have a goal weight because it really doesn't mean anything.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 6'2" and today I weighed in at 88kg (194lb) and am wearing an Aussie 16 (US 12). I seem to roughly drop a size for every 5kg I lose, although come to think of it that's only as I approach a healthy weight. The less I weigh, the greater the size decrease per kilo lost, if that makes sense.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    5'10 currently 150 lbs. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs. I have such a hard time determining size because I find sizes are all over the map. I can generally expect a 6/8 in pants and a 4/6 in skirts
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs. Before I started weight lifting I wore a size 11/12. Been lifting for 3 years, still weigh 165 and I wear size 8/9.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm apple shaped...so some pants fit me funny...tight in the waist, but big in the leg part..lol; I'm 6'0 at my biggest 332 I was size 24...now at 261 I'm a 18-20 depending on the store
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5". At my heaviest, 267, I wore an 18. I needed to lose a lot to move down one size...I couldn't wear 16's until I was about 240.

Now, at 180, size 10's generally fit the best. And I seem to need to lose less to move down a size (I read there is less difference between sizes the smaller they get). I can squeeze into some 8s, but in a few brands I need a 12. But I carry more of my weight in the abdomen and upper body, so I am a larger size in shirts...a large now vs. 2xl or 3xl at my heaviest.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and everything's about that bass x.x
    My butt and stomach take it all in I was a size 22/20 at 242 lbs (110kgs) (if i'm not wrong sizes are different here) and I went down till 18/16 now I'm back at 20/18 wich is a bummer but is now a matter of keep going :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    im 5'9.5" and i weigh 153 lbs, size 6. My biggest was post partum when i was 176 lbs and a size 12
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    At 282, I was a plus store size 18-20. Now at 233, I am a 12-14 regular store size. I'm hoping to be a 8-10 at 200.

I'm 5'10".
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    5'9" currently 175 I wear a loose 12.
    Trying to get to at least 150 and get into a loose 10. I do I lot of cardio and now strength training so i am toning in my legs and thighs. I need to work more on my stomach though.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8. At 240lbs I was a UK size 22 (US 18), at 220lbs I was UK size 20 (US 16), at 200lbs I was UK size 18 (US 14).

Currently 186lbs and my size 18s are very comfortable / slightly baggy. I'm also fitting into some size 16s (US 12) now, depending on the brand.
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped all the way, thighs are my biggest part - I am 5'11 and 190 right now I am in a 16 pants - So I tend to stay in leggings or sweats haha
  • collettely4
    collettely4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'8.5" here, but I've also always been pear shaped - even when I weighed 130 lbs in high school I was still a junior size 9! I'm currently about 180 lbs and feeling slightly more comfortable in my size 16 jeans than I was about ten pounds ago.
  • illuminastar
    illuminastar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    225lbs and 5'9". Generally fitting into a US 16 right now which I could only just do 10lbs ago. I have a pretty curvy shape with big boobs but still most of my weight is on tummy, bum and thighs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!