10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in... hoping this will push me to my new goal weight!
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you guys in this goal. I have been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for the past 2 or 3 years! I weigh 131 and my scale says my bf% is 29. I would love to get down to 121 (or close) by April.
    First I would love to look great when I go to the Dancing With the Stars show Feb 9th. Can't wait!
    I won't always eat perfectly but I would like to stay with 100 calories of my goal, as well. I need to stay hydrated and work on weight training. Yesterday I ran/jogged 50 min and need to do this at least 3 times a week. If any of you guys want to add me as a friend, that would be great. Keep me accountable! :smiley:
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot the stats:

CW 140
    GW 120

I'm a newbie too! Oct '14
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hola,
    It's 9pm and I'm trying to chew chew chew my big ol' salad while typing.
    It's been a Looooong day and I'm finally eating dinner.

+: walked by twice a table full of desserts, even though I was hungry. I knew my delicious steak-tips/grilled chicken/eggs/lettuce/baby spinach salad was waiting for me at home.

-: none today.

LilMiss' post "I ran/jogged 50 min and need to do this at least 3 times a week" made me think about Sohee Lee (now Walsh).

I learned about her from another MFP friend and with my improved eating, I am really seeing the results of my weight training.
    I used to have a "flat tortilla" butt <-- my DH's terms of endearment for my rear. But after 2years of weight training/lots of squats (some w/ Kettlebells), I am loving my butt. <--- How many 42year olds can make that statement?

Please consider incorporating in or adding more weight training or interval training, like sprinting, instead of long long hours of elliptical/continuos running.
    Read her article.

soheeleefitness.com/exercise/cardio/cardio-bunny-stop-it-stop-it-now/

Yes, faelight, thank you for starting this thread. We have a great group!

Amanda
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

CW: 170
    GW (April 1): 160

My strategy is 3 well-rounded meals a day (as recommended by my doc), keep lifting 3 days a week, add more cardio (aiming for 5 days/week), and limit my sugar. Switching back to stevia in my tea.

Good luck everyone!
  • sassaparker2015
    sassaparker2015 Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Awesome accountability
    SW•165
    CW•161
    GW•151
    Mother of 3 teen boys
    48yrs old
    5'7
  • stephanielong97
    Options
    faelight wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm here to rally some peeps together who want real positivity and accountability in losing 10 POUNDS by April 1st! This means you can take up to 10 weeks (1 lb/week) to do it. Let's support each other. :)

~ ~ ~
    Here's where I'm at:
    Current weight: 139lb Goal weight: 129lb
    Current estimated body fat: 25% Goal body fat: 18-20%

My Goal calories: 1300/day (an approx. deficit of 500 based on the Harris Benedict Equation and Katch-McArdle Formula - http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html).
    My Goal exercise: 30 min. of bodyweight intervals at home (to start), 6 days/week. I love heavy lifting but don't have access to a gym right now.
    My Goal food: whole food-based, vegetarian, light on the dairy, and eating not out of boredom or loneliness, but rather for optimal health! These are really important goals for me.

I estimated my body fat and realize that gaining muscle will throw off weight loss/goal weight numbers. That's all okay, I'm not looking to be perfect in calculating this journey. I DO however want to be stronger, leaner, and healthier!! :) So that is my focus. If anything else, I hope to show peeps that we don't have to be obsessive to make great transformations - we can be positive and still move in the right direction, making adjustments along the way.
    ~ ~ ~

And for your handy information:

1 lb/week = 10 weeks from today - Wed. April 1st, 2015.
    2 lb/week = 5 weeks from today - Wed. February 25, 2015.

Post your stats or at least your goals below if you're in!
    Let's do this!!!!!! (*) B) (*)

• stephanielong97
    Options
    I'm in!!!

I turned 40 in September 2014. Since then I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I know losing some weight will help this health issue. I just moved over the holidays from Georgia to New Jersey. I've just settled into my home and now I'm ready to get on the grind. My goal is to lose at least 30 lbs by my birthday this year. I'm working on lifestyle changes that will impact my body in a healthy way. I'm also ️️Vintage reseller and often times model the clothing I sell. If you know Vintage sizing, I've got to be able to maintain my weight. So I need all the moral, motivational support I can get.
    5'1
    SW: 175
    CW: 172
    GW: 145
    UGW:135

I try to not weigh myself too much. I count on pics to see results. However I said I would at least weigh myself every 10 days to track progress. I appreciate all of you sharing your stories!
  • yvetaylor
    yvetaylor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Starting weight 9 stone 12
    Cw 9 stone 8
    Goal 8 stone 13
    Ugw 8 stone 7
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Sw: 140
    Goal : 130
    I'm 5-2, and I can be good one week and eat horribly the next. This was a bad week.
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome new peeps!!

I hope everyone's having a great day with a success to keep you feeling strong through this!

My success today was exercising on the elliptical today, twice! :)
  • sassaparker2015
    Options
    Took my dog for a 2 mile run today
  • biletska
    Options
    I'm in. SW: 140 CW: 136.5 GW: 128. Also trying to get body fat percent down and gain strength and flexibility. I am very new here and can use some friends as well!
  • sassaparker2015
    Options
    Nice evening for a run
  • jonikayrn
    jonikayrn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jazziejan wrote: »
    I am totally up for this too! I lost about 35 pounds almost 3 years ago and have put it all back on. Between and injury and having 3 kids who are on the go a lot, I put myself on the back burner again. I've tried several times to get back on track but I guess I wasn't ready. This time I am! I am almost 3 weeks back on track and doing good but most important finally feeling better. From my weigh in at my highest 3 weeks ago I want to lose 64 lbs. I am down 12 so I am on my way. It'll take time but goals like this will help. Please feel free to add me!

• jonikayrn
    jonikayrn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great goal and motivator for me! In 2011 I lost 40 lbs down to 158. After an extremely stressful breakup and subsequent move from LA to AL, I now weigh 205. Top weight 210. I have never weighed this much and I want to feel good again! This is my first week on MFP. I over-ate today, but I'm right back on track tomorrow! Looking forward to some interaction with others on this journey!!!
  • jim2550
    jim2550 Posts: 22
    Options
    Im in 5'9" 215 1989 a day lifting and walking goal is 204 by March but will take April
  • amyh1994
    amyh1994 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in :) I'm 5 foot 6 and currently weigh 164lbs, so I'd like to get to 154 by April. Over the past two weeks I've managed to lose 3lbs, so I hope I can keep the momentum up. Most days I eat around 1500 calories and burn between 200-300; I also have a spin class and a zumba class each week, and spend 30 minutes on the elliptical three times a week. I also try to walk at least 10000 steps a day, which isn't a problem on weekdays but I do struggle at the weekend.

I'm also due to move back home to the UK in late April/ early May so it would be nice to have reached a healthy weight by then :)
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to be MF pals with any of you positive, focused people! I like to eat healthy, exercise most days & have a bit of fun with it.

I am 5'1", 45 YOA
    SW: 148
    CW: 128
    GW: 115 -126 (Flex Range I am happy with)

• jllucas2011
    jllucas2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    SW 169
    CW 156
    GW 145

Thanks for starting this up. Looking forward to reading all the updates that'll be full of success! :)