Is cutting calorie intake making me grumpy?

Options
2»

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Grumpy/grouchy is a choice.

Choose ...
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do when my nutrition/eating is out of balance, like skipping meals or not eating nutrient dense foods.

That being said, I do not "give up" any foods, I try and fit my "junk" into my calorie count.

In addition I also call it "taking a break" from foods that I can't control myself on when I start. I AM TALKING TO YOU POTATO CHIPS....lol. :#
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started a year ago, and kept trying through out last year, I went by MFP's suggestion of 1200 calories and I was miserable, always so hungry and mad because I "couldn't" have a snack. I'm starting over,getting close to 50 days tracking but I'm making sure every day I eat 2 cups each of fruits and veggies even if it puts me over my calorie limit. I've continued to have snacks and not good foods but since I've been eating more fruits and veggies I do usually crave less sweets(not all gone but less) and it fills me up a little bit more too. I don't like the thought of not being allowed to eat something so I always try to eat a fruit or something before the snack. Slowly but surely I'm actually eating better each week. Probably slower than most but it's helping keep me relaxed and motivated.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It sometimes takes a bit of trial and error to find that magic calorie number that's high enough to keep you feeling full and satisfied without headaches, grumpiness and hunger pangs, and yet low enough so that you'll lose weight.