Spagetti Squash...Yay or Nay?

Options
13»

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    One of my most favorite lunches consists of 1 cup of spaghetti squash, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp grated parmesan, salt & pepper. This is so good, and only about 190 calories. :bigsmile:
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! I use it as noodles. Yummy!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    There is a spaghetti squash entree at the restaurant Ruby Tuesday if you want to try it out before you make it! I've had it before without the parmesan cheese that they sprinkle on (just ask them to leave it off if you want).
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love it, but not everyone does. To me the best way to make it is split it in half (which is the worse part - if you have one of those pumpkin carving kits - use the serrated knife from that - much easier) and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down in large roasting pan, pour in about 1-2" of boiling water and add fresh garlic cloves to the water (it infuses garlic flavor while it bakes). Roast approx 1 hour at 350 (depending on the size of your squash) and scoop out with a fork - I like to mash in the garlic afterwards & just add some tomato sauce, or sauteed veggies on top. Yummy! I think I might make this tonight for dinner.