Craving Sweets......Help

Options
BrandieBenoit
BrandieBenoit Posts: 23 Member
Lately I have been craving sweets a lot. Im trying to stay away from them, but fighting the urge is very hard! What are some alternatives to eatings sweets?? Need some help on what else to turn to....

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why you're avoiding sweets? The only way I control my craving for sweets is to have some. Fit it into my daily calories is what I do. Then that way, it's not a huge craving for sweets, and I satisfy my sweet tooth. If I completely avoid it, then the binge for sweets is huge. But that's what works for me.
  • BrandieBenoit
    Options
    No reason. Just trying to stay away from sugar as much as I can, but have those bad cravings sometimes!
  • thecriticalvirgo
    thecriticalvirgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried frozen grapes? I think they taste way better frozen. Having something cold and sweet always helps knock out my sugar/ice cream/ candy craving!!!
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries and lite jelly are my sweet tooth kickers :)
  • BrandieBenoit
    Options
    Have you tried frozen grapes? I think they taste way better frozen. Having something cold and sweet always helps knock out my sugar/ice cream/ candy craving!!!

I love frozen grapes! I will only eat them that way.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popcycles, fudgecycles, Dippers.... Lots of things.... Frozen grapes are a great idea!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No reason. Just trying to stay away from sugar as much as I can, but have those bad cravings sometimes!
    Buy a single serving of a sweet, log it, then enjoy. You're welcome.

• kimnstevenjordie
    kimnstevenjordie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always go for sugar free pop cycle or jello
  • holiver4320
    holiver4320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a Quest bar , they are just the right amount of sweet . I have tried the cookies and cream, the cinnamon bun(not a huge fan), and the white chocolate rasberry( very tasty) . It's easy to pack and keeps well in purse or car . I get mine from harris teeter for 2.69 but I know they are cheaper online or possibly a nutrition store. But I don't buy in bulk or eat them daily so I just pick one or two up when I'm getting my daily groceries if I think I'm going to need something a little sweet that day.
  • melm10
    melm10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like banana chips...they're sweet enough on their own and have a nice crunch! you can dip them in anything as well (yogurt dips) and they're satisfying
  • lwoods0315
    lwoods0315 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fiber one protein bars, snack bars or brownies
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I make cookies from a quest bar. Add some PB2 to a Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Take a Yoplait whipped greek yogurt and put in freezer until almost frozen.
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the baked apple recipe from Pinterest. I don't have it on me but something about apple slices warmed in the microwave with a tiny bit of cinnamon & sugar sprinkled on. A bit of whipped cream is good on it too.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have always loved baked goods but am trying to cut down on how many I eat. Every evening after dinner I have a deep chocolate VitaTop. They are delicious, and with a cup of almond milk its just like milk and cookies but only 130 calories!
  • isa474
    isa474 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Want sweets turn to fruits instead of a cake. Also the Yasso greek yogurt ice cream is awesome i think it's only 80 cal and good for you. But once in a while you can have a cheat day and indulge or you will go crazy and have a nasty binge lol. It's all about balance.
  • mtjls
    mtjls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy the giant dark chocolate bar and then eat two squares at night. Sometimes it is enough if my sweet tooth isn't in high gear. Lately my sweet tooth has been really bad as well. Could be hormones. I am going to make some sugar free jello with almond milk tonight and see how that works.
  • Dmndgrl23
    Dmndgrl23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello Pudding cups are my go to when I am craving!
  • mynameisnotemily
    mynameisnotemily Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1) start the day with a filling & high-protein meal. This makes a HUGE difference in cravings.

2) leave room in your plan to eat sweets. If you have some every/most days, you won't binge, and it's easier to say no to an impulse-eat like a 500cal frappuccino if you've already decided you're going to have 1/2 cup of caramel pecan crunch frozen yogourt (120cal) when you get home.

3) have a recipe box of fake 'treats' that have enough protein to substitute for a meal. (Check out the Protein Pow! website)
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered sugar-free Werthers Original coffee/caramel hard candies. 5 are only 40 cals.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with cocoa powder and stevia mixed in. Yum!