Craving Sweets......Help

Options

Replies

• JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    AmyJM76 wrote: »
    I recently discovered sugar-free Werthers Original coffee/caramel hard candies. 5 are only 40 cals.

Be careful with sugar free hard candies. Too much sugar alcohol can make you have intestinal distress (gas and diarrhea). Don't eat more than 1 serving and you should be OK.

• nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    frozen banana, cocoa powder (unsweetened), almond milk, frozen blueberries....blend it all up and it tastes like chocolate ice cream ! Pulse it, if you want similar consistency and not like a smoothie.

You might have to experiment with how much of each to put in...haven't made it for a while but It's super good! Cuts the craving !
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love sugar free jello and fat free whip cream. It has been my go to dessert. I get the sweet cravings after dinner. I huge serving is only around 100 calories, it's enough to satisfy my craving and make me feel like I'm indulging without breaking my count for the day.
  • saharadream2
    saharadream2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have strong sugar cravings even before beginning my diet. I have found that if I eat quaker maple brown sugar oatmeal with raisins and apples, basically any flavored oatmeal, it takes away those cravings. I also leave enough room in my daily calories to indulge in either a fiber one brownie for 90 calories, a chocolate chip granola bar at 100 calories, the small ones or a weight watchers fudge pop for 45 calories. This gives me something sweet each day and helps the cravings.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello pudding or strawberries with low fat whipped topping are great
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Today at lunch I made under-100 calorie milkshakes for my husband and I - they were super chocolaty and rich tasting!

Per shake:
    4 oz unsweetened original almond milk
    1/2 banana
    3 ice cubes
    1 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
    1/2 packet sugar substitute (optional)

Mix in blender, ending with "whip" setting if you've got it. Tasty. Mine came in at 85 cal with 17 carbs and 8 g sugar...91 on sodium. Not bad.
  • MrsSchaub
    MrsSchaub Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any kind of fruit, I love no added sugar dried fruit (mangos, papaya, apples), chew gum, and if it gets really bad try hard candies like jolly ranchers, minimal on calories and sugar amount but since they take so long to consume you can usually kick the sweets craving.
  • Cailmeg
    Cailmeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Organic coconut chips from Costco mixed in greek yogurt , on cereal or all alone
  • riotwild
    riotwild Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When i start craving sweets I turn to dark chocolate. Its slightly sweet but the bitterness prevents me from eating too much
  • mccoy9620
    Options
    Lately I have been craving sweets a lot. Im trying to stay away from them, but fighting the urge is very hard! What are some alternatives to eatings sweets?? Need some help on what else to turn to....

• summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's what gets me when I'm trying to lose weight it's the sweet stuff lol fatty foods I'm fine with but I crave cakes chocolates anything sweet teally, I've bought Alpan bars double chocolate and chocolate fudge they are 70cals each so I'm hoping one of them with a cuppa wil help good luck all :) hope we can sort out these sweet cravings
  • woodwisejoe
    Options
    You may have too many carbs in your meals, which clear the gut quickly and leave you wanting more. I have been at this dieting for about a month now. I am having pretty good luck with keeping craving of sweets under control by keeping my total carbs per meal to 45 grams or less. I also balance each meal (50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat) I've lost 18 lbs in the last month without feeling hungry and without craving sweets. Hope this helps.
  • thekillingmoon777
    Options
    I have frozen Muller lights as pudding :) the toffee and vanilla ones are particularly nice..tastes like an ice cream!
    + nakd bars are healthy and sweet :)

• Sleeper1962
    Sleeper1962 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    No reason. Just trying to stay away from sugar as much as I can, but have those bad cravings sometimes!
    Buy a single serving of a sweet, log it, then enjoy. You're welcome.

My craving is always very specific: vanilla ice cream. Every couple weeks or so, I buy a single serving of Edy's vanilla ice cream and enjoy it thoroughly.
  • Undercover2015
    Undercover2015 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Take 2 square Graham cracker (I whole sheet) half... Add I tablespoon Cool Whip between the two squares drizzle Hershey's chocolate syrup on top. And freeze. Makes a wonderful low fat sweet snack. It use to be 2 pts on weight watchers. Sometimes I make a bunch of these at once but u do need to keep them in a plastic container with a lid so they don't get stale and the kids love them too.
  • ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    black coffee.
  • issi158
    Options
    Licorice Tea helps the sugar craving.:)
  • sarahpea86
    Options
    I'm struggling with this too. I forgot one of my favorite tricks... Frozen dark cherries. They're so good! Prefer them to grapes.
  • cdamico1
    cdamico1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Speaking of frozen dark cherries I buy a huge bag at costco...then take a cup of them and mix with
    a cup of ff plain Greek yogurt..the yogurt freezes from the cherries and tastes like cherry
    Garcia ice cream soooo good...I have even added a tblsp of sugar free cool whip to it...th is my new
    Favorite go to sweet snack...you can also try frozen blueberries I like that too.
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    have you tried a "treat Tin" were you can put on the front in big writing how many calories are in each treat and fill it with mini chocolate bars, lollys, sugar free sweets and low calorie treats? I found my favourite chip stick crisps for 87kcals which I was really impressed with x