What is the "healthiest" candy bar.

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If you're going to have candy, have the candy you want the most. There's no point in wasting empty calories on something you don't REALLY enjoy. IMO. :)
    7736794.jpg
    Lol. Oh Kalikel.

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If I'm hiking or golfing, or anything where I want a little pick-me-up or treat, I'll reach for a Payday or Snickers. If I just want a good old candy bar, I go for my old favorite - Twix. If I'm being serious, just give me a box of See's nuts & chews. <3
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Zero candy bar. Don't let the name fool you though lol but it is my favorite candy bar
    Zero%20Bar.jpg[img][/img]
    OMG my husband loves zero bars. Cool to hear of another fan.

OP- reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite, and somehow a pack of two has about as much calories as 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. So I say reese's.
    I know! Nobody seems to know what a zero candy bar is! Sad....so sad

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Take 5 is criminally underrated
    This is very, very true.

• aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Eat More!
  • cturnerb
    cturnerb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually get a Hershey's bar with almonds. :)
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    One tiny Dove chocolate square. Big chocolate return for a small calorie hit. If you want it healthy, have some nuts or fruit with it.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Zero candy bar. Don't let the name fool you though lol but it is my favorite candy bar
    Zero%20Bar.jpg[img][/img]

What is this? It looks so good. I bet we don't have it in Canada though.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    reeses…the answer is always reeses ...
    I have minis and a jumbo thing in my kitchen, I want to make Reese's protein banana bread but we are out of bananas :(

WAAAAT?? That. Sounds. AWESOME! Care to share the recipe?

Basically any protein power banana bread and add reeses to it lol. i've yet to find a perfect PP banana bread recipe tho
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Sweetened peanut butter covered in peanuts? I have never heard of this Payday bar until now. I think we are seriously getting gipped on the candy bar front here in Canada. The closest thing I can get to that is an Oh Henry with Reese's peanut butter, which is my personal favourite. I could do without the caramel though, I really just like the peanut and peanut butter combo.
  • ana3067
    Options
    i HATE it when people say "make sure it fits your macros"

thats WAY to much work for the day to worry about one random occasional candy bar.

what i do is eat a balanced diet and if it fits in my CALORIES and skews my macros for the day so be it.

There are other days for me to nail my macros straight on other days.

Enjoy your candy bar. Pick one you like. It is a treat, make it a once a week thing or an every few days thing. Hell, if you are lucky enough to have a huge calorie allowance AND can work it into your macros even have one once a day.

There is no guilt if you can make it work.
    macros are important to me, so yes I aim to make things fit into my macros.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a candy bar or gummy bears or some other sugary dietary abomination occasionally; I've made my peace with that. That doesn't mean those 300-600 calories have to be ENTIRELY wasted. Lot's of candy bars have at least a trivial amount of protein. Many of them have nuts with "good" fat in them. People always espouse the benefits of dark chocolate (though from what I've read that benefit caps out at by the time you've finished your first bite).

What I'm asking is: if I'm determined to eat the junk food, which one is going to get you the most bang for your buck nutrient wise?

Oh, and no protein or energy bars. I actually like them to some degree, but they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about items found in the straight up candy racks of your local grocery store. Things you would buy on your way into a movie.

I have a special k chocolate peanut butter protein bar for my candy bar. It's 170 calories, 10 g protein and 5 g fiber and it's yummy. I honestly eat it more as another way to get protein than as a candy bar replacement but it taste's like a candy bar to me.
  • ana3067
    Options

thats WAY to much work for the day to worry about one random occasional candy bar.

what i do is eat a balanced diet and if it fits in my CALORIES and skews my macros for the day so be it.

Enjoy your candy bar. Pick one you like. It is a treat, make it a once a week thing or an every few days thing. Hell, if you are lucky enough to have a huge calorie allowance AND can work it into your macros even have one once a day.

giiirrrrllllll

i gots ta live sometimessssssssssssssssss

i cant be worried everyday

when its candy bar time, its candy bar time period.

Though it is cool when I eat the candy bar, check the macros and they are on point anyway, that is like a bonus. But I dont fret if they are off. As long as the calories are inline for the day.

I cant beat myself up and be perfect everyday. Candy bar time is candy bar time. End of story.

Aiming to meet my macros doesn't make me fret. If I can't meet protein because of a candy bar, then I'll eat it tomorrow while still meeting my macro goals, which are important for my body composition and strength training goals.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Meh, not only are my macros off sometimes, there are days when the whole DAY was a calorie wreck. It all works out over the week (I make it work out, lol) and its all good.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

giiirrrrllllll

i gots ta live sometimessssssssssssssssss

i cant be worried everyday

when its candy bar time, its candy bar time period.

Though it is cool when I eat the candy bar, check the macros and they are on point anyway, that is like a bonus. But I dont fret if they are off. As long as the calories are inline for the day.

I cant beat myself up and be perfect everyday. Candy bar time is candy bar time. End of story.

Aiming to meet my macros doesn't make me fret. If I can't meet protein because of a candy bar, then I'll eat it tomorrow while still meeting my macro goals, which are important for my body composition and strength training goals.
    Whoa. I didn't think you'd come that far that quickly. Good for you! :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i know I'm not quite playing, but I really like the larabar chocolate coconut chew bar. It's essentially a candy bar but the sweetness is from date and coconut. It's also a bit toasted tasting.