Is he REALLY off limits?

Options

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'd say he's off limits. That being said, why not have a little fun with the situation? Tell your friend about him. Then tell the guy that you'd like them go out for a drink (or a movie or whatever) with you and one of your female friends. Your friend would be the one that he blew off.

If you can't have the guy, you might as well be entertained.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Chicks before d***s...
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    I'd say he's off limits. That being said, why not have a little fun with the situation? Tell your friend about him. Then tell the guy that you'd like them go out for a drink (or a movie or whatever) with you and one of your female friends. Your friend would be the one that he blew off.

If you can't have the guy, you might as well be entertained.

That absolutely sounds like something I would do...
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    What's worth more to you. Her friendship or the possibility of a hook up? I would refuse the date and tell your friend that he was trying to hook up with you and you refused. This will help her to get over him and cement your friendship more.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she doesn't have closure. If it's impacting her self-esteem, then I would go sideways about it.Tell her - I saw Paul's profile the other day...I wonder if I could find out what was up with him? If she says yes, then meet up with him. If she's like - uh, no, I'm over that. Then let it go.

Very high school...but sometimes we need to indulge in a little high school behavior to help a friend get rid of some niggling doubts.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    He's off limits, just because she keeps brings it up sometimes.

That's the friend's weird problem, not the OP's. Anyone who's all hung up on a guy who keep blowing her off is stupid.

I don't think I'd go for it, because the guy sounds like a loser.

• mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I dunno, maybe you could slip her a note during homeroom and see what she thinks...
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if a guy kept blowing me off when I wanted to make plans to meet him, I think I'd get the picture - he's obviously NOT interested. Not to mention...my rule of thumb? The guy asks me on the first date. If a guy doesn't bother to ask to meet, then he's clearly not the one for me.

If he actually wants to meet you, go for it if you like. I wouldn't consider him off limits.
  • Honeysuckle3
    Honeysuckle3 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Fries before guys

And my personal favorite... tacos before vatos :) (yes, I'm Mexican)
  • conangt87
    conangt87 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fries before guys

Can I have your taco?
  • Honeysuckle3
    Options
    conangt87 wrote: »
    Fries before guys

Can I have your taco?

You wouldn't know what to do with it

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Fries before guys

Lol thanks for the laugh

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I wouldn't say he's off limits, per say, but I'm also not sure I'd want to waste my time with him, either.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    conangt87 wrote: »
    Fries before guys

Can I have your taco?

You wouldn't know what to do with it

BOOM!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It would be different if it were just "a friend" but since it's actually your "best friend", I'd say no. You are risking your friendship for a guy who's a known flake.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am so over this girl code *kitten*. Seriously? If you want to meet him for a drink, do so in a public, safe location. If not, don't. You're a grown woman. Girl code my @ss.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    People aren't property, and are completely capable of thinking for themselves - therefore, frankly, I have no idea why this bizarre "bros before hoes/fries before guys/girl-code" territorial nonsense exists.

Assuming that you're both grown and (somewhat) sane adults, unless you're deliberately home-wrecking or otherwise sabotaging someone else's chances at what would otherwise be a good thing, I figure that it's fair game.

If you're trying to hide it from your friend, or otherwise feel guilty about it, I would then think long and hard about exactly why you feel that way.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    joeboland wrote: »
    People aren't property, and are completely capable of thinking for themselves - therefore, frankly, I have no idea why this bizarre "bros before hoes/fries before guys/girl-code" territorial nonsense exists.

Assuming that you're both grown and (somewhat) sane adults, unless you're deliberately home-wrecking or otherwise sabotaging someone else's chances at what would otherwise be a good thing, I figure that it's fair game.

If you're trying to hide it from your friend, or otherwise feel guilty about it, I would then think long and hard about exactly why you feel that way.

LOGIC. Thank god.
  • Honeysuckle3
    Options
    @sw33tp3a11‌ any time honey :)