My 'friend' implied I have an ugly body

Options
13»

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I would have called her out on her comments and asked her if she felt the same way about you. She sounds like a miserable person. I'd stay the heck away from her, she sounds like a negative soul sucking sucubus.

You don't even need to call her out, she won't even get it, but I agree, she's not a friend, she is as poisonous as you have said!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Actually, your friend sent forth a whole bunch of screwed up family dynamics because you mentioned something about weight loss. It wasn't directed at you, she's obviously got ongoing crap in their relationship.

So shrug it off, she shouldn't have done it (nobody needs to hear family ****), but it wasn't anything about you.
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's trying to discourage you from losing weight.

My mother says that when I get thinner, my collarbones stick out like I'm sick and she doesn't like it. It discouraged me from losing weight. then after awhile I stopped caring and decided to proceed with my weight loss regimen anyway. She can complain all she wants about my collarbones showing, I don't care
  • julesderamos
    julesderamos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! Persons like that are so sad, and they unfortunately seem to define themselves the wrong way. I mean they have a really superficial way of living and thinking. That's sad! Fortunately you have many supporters here ans I'm sure you also have some into your life ;-) Keep on shining!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Congrats on your 34lb loss! Don't listen to negative people. Some people hate to see other succeed because they are unhappy in thier own life and are self centered, selfish individuals. You keep doing you and fighting to reach your goals and feel and be happy. :smile:
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't think her ranting story had anything to do with you. I think she was just venting about her cousin, not implying anything about you, and somewhat oblivious that you might be offended by her... candor.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yeah it sounds more like she was venting about her cousin. Maybe she has some hostility toward her for some reason. I really dont think it sounds like she meant to imply that your body was ugly. I wouldnt take it so personally. Sounds more like the typical rivalry that happens in a lot of families. I know it happens in my family.