Alcohol what to drink and what not to

Options
124»

Replies

• barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Diet coke rum crushed ice and lime. You can chew on the ice and make it last
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The lime tastes good with just diet coke. Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Avoid pop and fruity kind of drinks, they are full of sugar. I would go with shots or wine. BUT, I actually decide not to drink because the effects of alcohol go far behind the calories, it's about the way your body metabolizes it and how it affects your metabolism. It is so bad and will wack out all your efforts of converting your body into a fat burning machine. If you indulge, make it occasional and don't overdo it. This is just my opinion tho, I am sure some people had great results while drinking a few glasses per week. But just remember that everybody is different, so if you're not losing maybe try and cut out alcohol completely. Good luck <3
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    Avoid pop and fruity kind of drinks, they are full of sugar. I would go with shots or wine. BUT, I actually decide not to drink because the effects of alcohol go far behind the calories, it's about the way your body metabolizes it and how it affects your metabolism. It is so bad and will wack out all your efforts of converting your body into a fat burning machine. If you indulge, make it occasional and don't overdo it. This is just my opinion tho, I am sure some people had great results while drinking a few glasses per week. But just remember that everybody is different, so if you're not losing maybe try and cut out alcohol completely. Good luck <3

I haven't been drunk in about ten years.

My sister is getting married in a few months, and I'm planning on getting fairly drunk.

Fortunately, drinking as little as I do (and hopefully weighing 50lbs less by then) I'll be a very cheap date!
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Wine. I lost 52# drinking plenty of wine. Wine metabolizes differently than any other spirit out there. Low in carbs and tastes great. Studies demonstrate that wine drinkers are least likely to gain weight out of any spirit available.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    The best drinks for you are the ones you like. The worst ones are the ones you don't like. I say go for what you like and set aside the calories. What's the point of going out for a drink if you're not going to have what you want? That's what I think anyway.

I will respectfully disagree. He is on a website where the main goal is counting calories and attempting to be/stay fit.

There are plenty of great tasting unhealthy foods that we substitute out for healthier foods that don't taste as good. Why not do the same for alcohol?

And this is just silly talk.

What a waste of time this post is. Please expand on your thoughts instead of unintelligent one liners that mean nothing :)
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Order of preference for me: red wine, vodka + cranberry juice, gin + tonic. With the latter two, adding in garnishes makes it better (e.g., lemon/orange rind, cherry, juniper berries, cucumbers, fancy ice cubes, etc.).
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, just have the kind of alcohol that you most like...and just limit it to one glass. :) No worries...
  • PerkisPower
    edited January 2015
    Options
    After reading through this thread, many of you troll far too often and refuse to help the op with his original question. Why don't we try to help the man rather than troll the ones who actually are looking to make a positive influence on him.

The OP clearly doesn't like taking whiskey straight so why state that he should? Let's get off our high horse and actually try and help instead of brag about the fact we can take whiskey straight.

As for the op, seems everyone who is actually attempting to help you is stating to swap the coke for diet coke or coke zero and you are good to go! Don't listen to these trolls who are bragging about taking whiskey straight. Good luck!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i drink scotch and water on the rocks when i am trying to lose
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Gin and diet tonic. Bubbles, tinkling ice, slice of lemon, yum.
  • weehogiebear
    weehogiebear Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After reading through this thread, many of you troll far too often and refuse to help the op with his original question. Why don't we try to help the man rather than troll the ones who actually are looking to make a positive influence on him.

The OP clearly doesn't like taking whiskey straight so why state that he should? Let's get off our high horse and actually try and help instead of brag about the fact we can take whiskey straight.

As for the op, seems everyone who is actually attempting to help you is stating to swap the coke for diet coke or coke zero and you are good to go! Don't listen to these trolls who are bragging about taking whiskey straight. Good luck!

Cheers mate some rubbish put up here lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Chill out, hall monitor.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're just in it to get drunk, shots of liquor (vodka, rum, etc.) is probably your best bet. If you're looking for something to sip and like diet soda you could go for rum and diet coke or vodka and diet coke.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

First time on a message board? This is pretty much what happens to every post. You must be fun at parties. :smiley:

• khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I switched to 64 calorie beer. It's only 2.8% ABV, but it saves me a metric s***-ton compared to the whole bottle of wine+ I was tossing back every night before. It won't get you drunk, but you will get the beer taste. Yum.
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    The best way for me is to have spirits with low calorie mixes, for example Hennessy and diet coke, tequila and light Margarita mix (10 calories, I add lemon juice and Truvia and it's pretty good), or diet 7 up and tequila.
    I'm trying to find other low calorie mixes.

Some days I can fit in a glass or 2 of red wine, but when I have a Margarita, I want to have 2, and that's too many calories. Oh well, with the low calorie mix it means I just slightly go over my limit.
  • PerkisPower
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »

First time on a message board? This is pretty much what happens to every post. You must be fun at parties. :smiley:

Well thank you for the compliment!

And not sure why it should happen to every post. Why wouldn't we try and help the OP instead of attempting to show how uppity and intelligent we are?

I'll keep attempting to help others as that is what this site is intended for.