I want to cry... Weight Gain from Vacation

Options
13»

Replies

• fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    holidays are about relaxing and enjoying yourself so don't worry about the weight gain - it can be worked on now
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you get yourself this worked up over less than five pounds, you might need some professional help. And you should stop weighing yourself so often if normal fluctuations are going to upset you this much.

That said, the gain is probably largely due to a change in diet causing water retention. A pound is 3500 calories worth of calories over your maintenance. It is very unlikely that you gained that much over two days.

^^^ this

sounds like your glycogen stores got refilled. It's probably better for you to stay at 123lb than to deplete them all over again just to hit a particular number of scale weight. If it's sodium weight gain, it'll come off again without any effort if you drink water and eat lower sodium foods.

glycogen is stored in the liver and muscles, it's part of your body's short term energy reserves, it's stored along with water, hence the weight gain. You're better off with your glycogen stores full than empty. When you diet, you lose glycogen, because dieting is to reduced your body's long term energy reserve, i.e. fat. When you burn fat you also use up glycogen. When you up your calories again, your glycogen stores are refilled and you see a weight gain on the scale, usually around 5lb. It's not fat, it's totally healthy and it's nothing to freak out about. Fat gain does not happen overnight. Overnight weight gains are either due to sodium or to glycogen, usually both, if you've had a couple of days of eating junk food. Take the above advice, don't freak out, and if your weight stays where it is now, just know that your glycogen stores got refilled. If it goes down again without effort, know that it was sodium. In any case, it wasn't fat.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think the saddest part is that you wasted all those calories on Skittles and M&Ms. Go big or go home.

lol....I like this reply!!
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You very likely did not gain 3.4lbs in two days. At least not in fat mass. Calm the eff down.

Seriously, it is 3.4lbs. Why are you freaking out?

No... Just let happen. She needs to overreact.....burns calories.

bahahahahah!!!! I like you.

lol...me too :-)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    So... I am confessing that I do have some problems with occasional binge eating. I have been on vacation for two days. Before I left I weighed in at 119.6, but today I weighed in at 123 lbs. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! This is not anything close to normal and I want to literally cry. YES-- I did eat CRAP, straight crap, and I should not have, but I did. I ate peanut brittle, skittles, pretzel m&ms some yogurt, fried food, and a salad here and there. I really want to cry! I am scared none of my clothes will fit.

Any help is appreciated- and yes, I know I am at a healthy weight, just trying to lower my body fat percentage. I tried on some shorts and they do not fit like they should... I bought them 2 weeks ago :(

What you put on three and a half pounds after holiday and are now freaking out?

You have just admitted you ate a load of crap on holiday, so there you go, that was why the weightloss occurred.

Go back to your logging and calorie allowance and it will come back off.

btw I put on approx. 4lbs everytime I go on holiday, it always comes back off again once I revert back to good eating habits.
  • Fabulous_Fit
    Options
    It has been a two days and I still have not decreased in weight at all. I weighed 123 lbs. yesterday and 123 lbs. today. How long does it take to get rid of water weight?

I have been limiting my sodium and drinking over 10 glasses of water per day as well as exercising. I am NOT trying to limit my diet because that will just cause me to binge, but I am staying within my calorie goal.

Thoughts?
  • LostInHollyw00d
    Options
    Yeahhhhh, something screams "Trollin'" about this.
    Not sure why, though.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It has been a two days and I still have not decreased in weight at all. I weighed 123 lbs. yesterday and 123 lbs. today. How long does it take to get rid of water weight?

I have been limiting my sodium and drinking over 10 glasses of water per day as well as exercising. I am NOT trying to limit my diet because that will just cause me to binge, but I am staying within my calorie goal.

Thoughts?

Probably stop weighing every day. It could take a week.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Probably stop weighing every day. It could take a week.

Besides which, the OP already admitted they had eaten crap, perhaps they had eaten a lot more calories than they estimated.

OP you are just going to have to crack on and watch your food again if you really want to lose that, it is no good expecting it all t fall off within two days.