3 weeks of weight watchers a LOAD of running ...result ...NO WEIGHT LOSS?!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "free foods" either. Out of curiosity I googled and found this: weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=59781

Just looking over my diary, an apple is over 100 calories, a banana is nearly 100, a clementine is 35 (love those...can eat 2 or 3 in one sitting). That stuff adds up quick! If you're short like me, an extra 300 calories of "free food" can totally keep you from losing weight.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone thats made me feel a little better lol!! think im going to drop my running down from 5X a week to just 4 and lower the miles...so day 1- 3mile run, day 2-4 mile run, day 3- 2.5mile run and day 5- 5mile run...or i may even join a gym and start doign some classes again such as spinning/metafit and circuits.

How did you go from nothing to that schedule in a week? I run, have done for years, and I have never met an overweight human yet who can do "couch to 35k" in a week.

Are you either imagining the runs, way fitter than you stated or something???

I am very confused. If I ran 35k a week I would be eating a whole boat load of food.

im saying im going to drop down to around 15mile a week not 35k! think you have read this wrong...i have always been active for 7 years going to gym ect so im not unfit and not that much over weight either...when i was doing nothing it was 3 weeks over the xmas term

Cool.

If you are not very overweight then that might be part of the issue. It can be much harder to lose ten pounds when you are pretty much at your ideal weight, than to lose ten pounds when you are 100 pounds over your ideal weight.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ...I like the plan and the free aspect of free veg salad and fruit although I never go OTT with it...

There are no free calories.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    tostaky wrote: »
    Youve probably put on muscles... Are you clothes slightly bigger yet you have the same weight?

No.

• debbiec70
    debbiec70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In my opinion WW allows too many carbs. Bulk up on veggies, low fat protein, and complex carbs only. I tried WW 3 times, no success, everyone is different, tweak your diet and find what works for you.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The boards are open to the public but people who are actually in WW as in they attend meetings or read the online materials provided should know they can't eat 5+ pieces of fruit a day and lose unless they're very overweight. There are guidelines.

I think most people didn't lose fast enough on the new program because WW started it with the base points level too high. They soon lowered it, for smaller people. Still, people average over 1800 calories a day on WW now. That's not going to work for a lot of us, not without leaving some of those extra points on the table every week.

Makes me reaaaaally glad I didn't start with weight watchers. When I started here my TDEE was only just over 1600 cals. How pissed would I have been to be gaining weight AND restricting my diet!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...i still have the bloated feeling like its ladies time so strange and a bit painful too is certainly feels like im retaining water on my stomach for some odd reason!

When I have this feeling, it's usually an intestinal problem, which would also contribute to scale weight. Are you eating more fiber than you used to? If so, are you drinking more water to compensate?
  • miketoryan
    miketoryan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    fruit calories can sneak up on you. have you seen how many calories are in a banana? an apple?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Lots of people stalled out on WW with their dumbass "free" foods.

Take a look at WW boards after they made that last change. Dozens of people wondering why they're stalling, despite admitting 5, 6, 7 or more pieces of "free" fruit.

I see nothing has changed since I did WW a few years ago. There were "bananas are evil" threads on a regular basis back then too.

My wife did WW for years.

She loved it for community support and all the supportive, soft serve language they provided. But the bottom line was that she was spending lots of money to basically run in place. She wasn't working the system well.

I was surprised at the stuff she'd talk about coming from meetings, and some of the incredibly flawed thinking you'd see from WWers on boards. I was amazed to see people admitting eating 5 "free" bananas a day, on top of their usual points, and having NO IDEA why they were stalled, and shouting at WW for somehow magically causing them to stall.

Guess who were always the people who would swoop in and say they figured out how to break the stall? Folks who got material for one of the older plans, where fruit and some vegetables were counted.

A lot of those people on WW truly believe that because WW has foods labeled as "zero points" it basically means they have zero calories.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I second the rec to take every other day for recovery. If your body is reacting with so much swelling, then it makes sense to take the time to heal. I work out every other day myself. It helps me to avoid injury.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Furthermore I tried Weight Watchers for several months one year and the results were atrocious. Especially considering that it costs money and it doesn't even really work well at all. Letting MFP calculate calories for you via answering their questions, and then eating to that level by measuring and weighing food, is so very much more accurate than those blasted points. And save the money!
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    May or may not have anything to do w/ your situation, but I always bloat really bad (up 2-3 lbs) around ovulation time. You said you were about 2 weeks away for your period which would make the timing correct. Just a thought....
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was about to say the same as Amy, I retain water horrendously around ovulation time. It can be worse than the actually TOTM time and lasts at least a week. This combined with water retention in the muscles is probably the cause, I recommend waiting it out and see what happens in the next week or two :)