If your constipated does it mean you're not losing weight? Or is that tmi lol

Replies

• lgfaciane
    lgfaciane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Typos sorry guys

• Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Probably means that you've increased the fiber in your diet too quickly or you aren't eating enough? I can only guess without more info or seeing your food diary
  • Richardlaing1
    Richardlaing1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No, it means you are not getting enough fiber or taking medications that cause the problem. Poop is the waste from food, we actually lose weight through respiration, yep we breath it away.
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    scoandmur wrote: »
    Probably means that you've increased the fiber in your diet too quickly or you aren't eating enough? I can only guess without more info or seeing your food diary
    How can you see it sorry I'm new
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    No, it means you are not getting enough fiber or taking medications that cause the problem. Poop is the waste from food, we actually lose weight through respiration, yep we breath it away.
    Recommended foods for fiber

• Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

In your settings it will ask if you want to keep your food diary private or "only friends" or public , you'll need to change it there . BTW I personally have a hard time "going" and I fell into the trap of increasing my fiber immediately to meet my goal # and did not GO for 3 days...pure hell. Anyways I can have a look if you like, I got a ton of advice that helped, hope I can pass it on!
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    [/quote]

In your settings it will ask if you want to keep your food diary private or "only friends" or public , you'll need to change it there . BTW I personally have a hard time "going" and I fell into the trap of increasing my fiber immediately to meet my goal # and did not GO for 3 days...pure hell. Anyways I can have a look if you like, I got a ton of advice that helped, hope I can pass it on![/quote]
    Okay cool it public now
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    [/quote]

In your settings it will ask if you want to keep your food diary private or "only friends" or public , you'll need to change it there . BTW I personally have a hard time "going" and I fell into the trap of increasing my fiber immediately to meet my goal # and did not GO for 3 days...pure hell. Anyways I can have a look if you like, I got a ton of advice that helped, hope I can pass it on![/quote]
    Ok cool its public now

• lgfaciane
    Options
    [/quote]

Its public now
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    lgfaciane wrote: »
    Okay cool it public now
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I dropped my intake my outtake changed a LOT. Less frequent and less volume. I chalked it up to my body getting used to a new diet and it regulated over time, but still less in = less out :)
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with the same issue. I am drinking a good deal and eating a lot of fruit and vegetables, but less food overall. I tried psyllium powder and it worked, but when I stopped taking it, problem returned. So now I'm motivated to stick with it. I don't remember for sure where I got the stuff, probably GNC.
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    drink more water. if you increase your fiber you have to increase your water intake too!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    drink more water. if you increase your fiber you have to increase your water intake too!

That's it, or else it will have the opposite effect and block you up.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eat prunes. Inexpensive and works well.
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    Okay thanks guys
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't hurt to also ensure you are getting the right amount of good fat in your daily intake..it helps!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Increase fiber (slowly), increase water, increase exercise.
    Foods high in fiber here.
    You could also try a week or so of one dose a day of metamucil & miralax, just to help get things started again. My doctor assured me both are perfectly harmless, even to take daily.

Also have a look at:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/063008p28.shtml

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/fiber

As for your original question, no, it does not mean you're not losing weight. As someone else already pointed out, some of the weight we lose is exhaled as water, the end product of food being broken down for energy. Some is used as energy to move bits of the body (microscopic & macro). Some is used as energy to make heat (which results from moving bits of the body).

Yes, you're going to lose some weight once your bowels start working right & get rid of whatever's backed up in there, but it's just as quick as water weight gain/loss, so don't get too excited about it. (And for the love of Pete, don't think that laxatives are a good way to lose weight! That way lies a serious eating disorder.)
  • lgfaciane
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Increase fiber (slowly), increase water, increase exercise.
    Foods high in fiber here.
    You could also try a week or so of one dose a day of metamucil & miralax, just to help get things started again. My doctor assured me both are perfectly harmless, even to take daily.

Also have a look at:
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/high-fiber-foods/art-20050948

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/063008p28.shtml

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/fiber

As for your original question, no, it does not mean you're not losing weight. As someone else already pointed out, some of the weight we lose is exhaled as water, the end product of food being broken down for energy. Some is used as energy to move bits of the body (microscopic & macro). Some is used as energy to make heat (which results from moving bits of the body).

Yes, you're going to lose some weight once your bowels start working right & get rid of whatever's backed up in there, but it's just as quick as water weight gain/loss, so don't get too excited about it. (And for the love of Pete, don't think that laxatives are a good way to lose weight! That way lies a serious eating disorder.)
    Okay thanks and also I am new to this and very determined to lose weight I'm looking for motivational friends you guy can request if u like

• faulk472
    faulk472 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try adding flaxseeds or chia seeds to your diet. All natural..