Options

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    cerad2 wrote: »
    You say you have never eaten a lot yet have 100 pounds to lose? That you're eating less than a 1000 calories a day.....sorry I smell a troll
    So sad you folks don't even bother to read the posts anymore. Just scan the title and copy/paste the troll comments.

I don't know who "you folks" are, but if you read her profile it says she has 100 pounds to lose and she just stated she doesn't eat over 1000 calories. One does NOT gain unless they are eating in a surplus. That does not happen if you are eating under 1000 calories. Additionally, if she is losing "only two pounds a week", why does her profile say 0 lost?
    ALSO THIS is a picture of Katherine Morris from COLD CASE looks just like the OP doesn't it>???
    ko1i0xpl407f.jpg

Whoaa OP's a famous person, awesome! ;)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You say you have never eaten a lot yet have 100 pounds to lose? That you're eating less than a 1000 calories a day.....sorry I smell a troll
    So sad you folks don't even bother to read the posts anymore. Just scan the title and copy/paste the troll comments.

I don't know who "you folks" are, but if you read her profile it says she has 100 pounds to lose and she just stated she doesn't eat over 1000 calories. One does NOT gain unless they are eating in a surplus. That does not happen if you are eating under 1000 calories. Additionally, if she is losing "only two pounds a week", why does her profile say 0 lost?
    ALSO THIS is a picture of Katherine Morris from COLD CASE looks just like the OP doesn't it>???
    ko1i0xpl407f.jpg

And apparently the guy claiming "you folks", has nothing to say.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

ko1i0xpl407f.jpg

And apparently the guy claiming "you folks", has nothing to say.

Check out his profile.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

ko1i0xpl407f.jpg

I never watched that show. Is it any good?

The show is good but she's got a fecking annoying voice
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It's no wonder that the laws of science are so mixed up on this thread, the OP thinks they're a TV star.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

ko1i0xpl407f.jpg

Maybe they were separated at birth.
  • UnknownSubatomic
    Options
    I'm looking for help not rude comments. Rude comments will be blocked + deleted.
  • UnknownSubatomic
    Options
    It's very rare that someone would put on that much weight only eating 1000 calories without a medical condition.

Do you weigh and measure all your food...perhaps you are eating more that you think.

If you are now eating less to lose weight, how many calories are you actually eating?

What happened was the medication I was put on caused a lot of weight gain because it holds on to fats. I quit taking it, but I only ate around 1,000 while on it I'm never really hungry. For me I generally have small snacks instead of meals and I don't like to have dairy. Like for example, I'd have like a handful of nuts and a cup of coffee (no sugar around 75 call a cup for the creamer I use) and the snacks I'd have throughout the day were like the 100 call snack bites.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I'm looking for help not rude comments. Rude comments will be blocked + deleted.

rude comments. You have some avatar up of someone else while people who are self conscious put up there photos even when it hurts too. Yes we are the rude ones though. As far as I am concern we are talking to a celebrity right because of your one and only photo.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

You can't delete comments. How about you start being honest with yourself. Your profile states you have 100 lbs to lose you didn't gain that by eating under 1000 calories.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    It's very rare that someone would put on that much weight only eating 1000 calories without a medical condition.

Do you weigh and measure all your food...perhaps you are eating more that you think.

If you are now eating less to lose weight, how many calories are you actually eating?

What happened was the medication I was put on caused a lot of weight gain because it holds on to fats. I quit taking it, but I only ate around 1,000 while on it I'm never really hungry. For me I generally have small snacks instead of meals and I don't like to have dairy. Like for example, I'd have like a handful of nuts and a cup of coffee (no sugar around 75 call a cup for the creamer I use) and the snacks I'd have throughout the day were like the 100 call snack bites.

Medication did not make you gain 100 lbs. You ate way more than you think. Water retention would not be 100 lbs. How many of the 100 cal snack bites were you eating, how big of handful of nuts, did you measure the creamer?

When I first started tracking I found I was consuming over 1000 calories just in my coffee intake daily
  • UnknownSubatomic
    Options
    It's not 100 Ibs it's 40 but I want to lose 40-100
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

40-100 that's a big range
  • yopeeps025
    Options

It better to say you really do not have a goal in mind rather than 40-100 pounds. BTW your profile the only information on it is the 100 pounds you want to lose.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. Two pounds a week is great, and will get you safely (if not quickly) to your goal.

Rapid weight loss puts you at risk for gallstone attacks. You can google the risks of rapid weight loss. When eating so few calories, it is really important to be sure of getting adequate high quality protein, a good omega 3 and 6 balance, and to meet your micros, to avoid malnutrition.

5 pounds a week is not advisable unless you have had gastric bypass surgery. Weight loss shows like Biggest Loser do not demonstrate realistic weight loss patterns, and are based on people who can spend all day, every day, working on losing weight. Giving advice on how to lose more than 2 pounds a week is pretty much not allowed on MFP, as it could lead to unsafe dieting practices. Posts that appear to be coaching or encouraging someone to eat less than 1000 calories a day may be removed, and the poster given a warning/points.

I've been using Palmers coco butter for my stretch marks, and it can sometimes help temporarily. A lot of people recommend exfoliation and moisturizing. Stretch marks should fade a little with time.

If you gain when eating less than 1000 calories a day, you need to talk to your Dr. There may be things that can be done to help you out (i.e. if you have hypothyroid). Your Dr. can also advise you on a realistic and safe rate of loss. You can print out your food diary and bring it to your appointment. Good luck :)
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Not being rude but even if your medication caused you to retain weight by somehow turning incoming calories into fat, CICO still is in effect. If you are as active as you say, you would be burning a lot of calories- more than your body could retain at less than 1,000 incoming calories a day. Energy can neither be created or destroyed (pretty basic law of physics). So your retained fat is literally stored energy from the foods you eat. All that energy you have from being active and cleaning houses comes from your stored energy (fat). Your medication won't change the laws of physics. It won't prevent you from expending calories when you move and are active. I agree with others that most likely you aren't consuming less than 1k in calories a day. It is completely possible that you somehow misjudge how much you are eating a day. "a handful of nuts" is no accurate measurement of how much you were ingesting so most likely you are intaking much more than you assume.

As for everything else, 2 pounds loss a week is the absolute highest you should shoot for and that is if you are obese. Losing more than that a week will cause you to be weak and will most likely result in you gaining back all if not more once you move to maintenance.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Not being rude but even if your medication caused you to retain weight by somehow turning incoming calories into fat, CICO still is in effect. If you are as active as you say, you would be burning a lot of calories- more than your body could retain at less than 1,000 incoming calories a day. Energy can neither be created or destroyed (pretty basic law of physics). So your retained fat is literally stored energy from the foods you eat. All that energy you have from being active and cleaning houses comes from your stored energy (fat). Your medication won't change the laws of physics. It won't prevent you from expending calories when you move and are active. I agree with others that most likely you aren't consuming less than 1k in calories a day. It is completely possible that you somehow misjudge how much you are eating a day. "a handful of nuts" is no accurate measurement of how much you were ingesting so most likely you are intaking much more than you assume.

As for everything else, 2 pounds loss a week is the absolute highest you should shoot for and that is if you are obese. Losing more than that a week will cause you to be weak and will most likely result in you gaining back all if not more once you move to maintenance.

Different people have different metabolisms.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18678372
    Study with 98 greek women with PCOS. Some had BMRs as low as 1116 calories a day taken by indirect calorimetry. I've read posts from women who have been told by thier doctors that their TDEE was 800 calories a day. Having a low TDEE does not break the laws of physics. There are medical conditions that affect how many calories are burned by activity.

A food scale does give a better idea of how may calories have been eaten, but even then tracking will not be 100% accurate. I've had food lose water in the fridge. It weighed less, but had the same calories. OP could try weighing her foods for a more accurate calorie count, but appears to already be eating an appropriate amount to lose weight at a healthy rate.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »

Different people have different metabolisms.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18678372
    Study with 98 greek women with PCOS. Some had BMRs as low as 1116 calories a day taken by indirect calorimetry. I've read posts from women who have been told by thier doctors that their TDEE was 800 calories a day. Having a low TDEE does not break the laws of physics. There are medical conditions that affect how many calories are burned by activity.

A food scale does give a better idea of how may calories have been eaten, but even then tracking will not be 100% accurate. I've had food lose water in the fridge. It weighed less, but had the same calories. OP could try weighing her foods for a more accurate calorie count, but appears to already be eating an appropriate amount to lose weight at a healthy rate.

A very active person is not going to gain weight eating less than 1000 calories a day, I don't care what medication you are on.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Or you will just butt hurt flag people, real mature.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Or you will just butt hurt flag people, real mature.