Do you allow yourself a day off?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So if you don't track one day, you could eat so much (3500 calories) that you actually gained a pound just because of that day.

I find it hard to believe that anyone used to logging could eat 3500 extra calories in a day without being well aware of it.

Whether I log or not at this point makes no difference in how I eat on a particular day. Would it over time if I stopped logging? Perhaps, that's why I currently intend to keep logging in maintenance, although only while I find it non burdensome. If it gets burdensome I'll try out other ways of monitoring myself.

• 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not on a regular basis. But occasionally, when I know I'm going out for dinner and drinks, I'm not going to opt for water and salad all night. A while ago, I was eating out the whole week and then I do opt for the healthy options. However, yesterday evening I had a great time with friends and I just wanted to enjoy myself. So I did drink two beers, an amaretto, carrot cake, etc. I do log though! So I overate about 600 cals, and I knew it was fine since I was running a 10K today, etc.

However, it might work for others to give you one day a week/two weeks off. For me, ater getting used to eating healthy, I don't crave for days off. I have to try really hard to eat 500 cal too much... But if makes you feel good, do it. But do try to log it :) Just so you know how much impact the day had. Perhaps it wasn't as bad as you feared!

Oh, and if you do fall of the band wagon, it's fine :) One day, or a whole weekend, it's not going to do anything drastic to your body, just like two days of dieting doesn't make you lose any weight really. Just get back on track and be cool about it!
  • sandradj82
    sandradj82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi mostly I do every wkend as during wk I'm doing 5:2 fasting diet and make sure I have between 1000-1200 calories every wk. Only fasting day 500 calories. I did lost lot of weight but I started put weight on so back to my diet.