Exercise but no weight loss

Options

Replies

• isa474
    isa474 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight for my wedding back in 2011 to 2012 I at one point hit a rut and looked at what I was eating and my exercises, I think I was eating fiber one bars and something else, so I stopped eating them and ate more fruits and veggies then I changed my exercises to something a bit more intense, it helped me drop my weight a bit better, but that's just what I did

Sounds wonderful keep up the great work:)
  • isa474
    Options
    isa474 wrote: »
    It's not a random number. .tryed and true. Be blessed I'm not here to debate. Everyone has an opinion or theory on what works. As you see Dr Oz is even on the hot seat with the stuff he puts out there. Let's do what works best for us. Have a great weekend everyone.

In this case, you provided a random number. It's good you don't want to debate since your position doesn't hold up.

If you say so dear:) everyone is entitled. I and people whom I personally know that has heeded this method says it does very much so hold up. Enjoy your weekend dear!

I'm not your "dear" ... and it isn't entitled, it's fact based on your providing numbers without knowing the OP's basic stats.

Bless your heart if you think otherwise.

Thank you:) I'm always blessed. Enjoy ur weekend dear
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What is your calorie intake? You should be around 1200 to 1300 at the max to shed some pounds. Uping your protein to carb ratio will help you lose weight also. Watch that sugar intake. Best wishes in ur journey

How can you tell someone how many calories to eat without knowing their stats?

Your right to an extent. As a woman its recommended to do no more than 2000 daily calorie intake assuming she's around that figure. Based on her activity it seems that she has plateaued. For her to see any change she may need to adjust her calorie intake. Without starving herself a 1300 calorie per daily will help her see tremendous results for weight loss.

That's interesting because I stick to 2200 calories to maintain. What happens to me gor going over 2000?

I lose eating around 1700 calories. At 1400 and below I was miserable and hangry all the time. Without knowing the OP's stats it does seem like you're throwing out very generic numbers that may or may not be right for this particular person.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie intake? You should be around 1200 to 1300 at the max to shed some pounds. Uping your protein to carb ratio will help you lose weight also. Watch that sugar intake. Best wishes in ur journey

Your right to an extent. As a woman its recommended to do no more than 2000 daily calorie intake assuming she's around that figure. Based on her activity it seems that she has plateaued. For her to see any change she may need to adjust her calorie intake. Without starving herself a 1300 calorie per daily will help her see tremendous results for weight loss.

That's interesting because I stick to 2200 calories to maintain. What happens to me gor going over 2000?

I lose eating around 1700 calories. At 1400 and below I was miserable and hangry all the time. Without knowing the OP's stats it does seem like you're throwing out very generic numbers that may or may not be right for this particular person.

She is but she thinks she's somehow right. I could throw out random numbers and refer to her in unwelcome terms but I won't lower myself to her level.
  • isa474
    Options

She's not trying to maintain she's wanting to lose which she is struggling with therefor calorie intake should be reevaluated. Being hungry at 1400 would depend on what is being eating. I'm never hungry eating 1300 to 1400 with the things i consume.
  • isa474
    Options

She is but she thinks she's somehow right. I could throw out random numbers and refer to her in unwelcome terms but I won't lower myself to her level.

Refer to me in unwelcome terms?...because our statements different is really unnecessary smh. And my view point does not qualify me lower to any level. It does not make me any lower of a person. We don't need to be unfriendly to people for such reasons. It's not that serious
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Refer to me in unwelcome terms?...because our statements different is really unnecessary smh. And my view point does not qualify me lower to any level. It does not make me any lower of a person. We don't need to be unfriendly to people for such reasons. It's not that serious

I stated that I was not your "dear", you continued with its use. You don't like people noting that the numbers you spew are random and arbitrary. You don't like people noting that you use unwelcome terms even after told they are not applicable. That is the level to which I won't lower myself. You've already been unfriendly, and I don't see you as worthy of any effort to go out of my way to be friendly towards.

The fact you continue to post random numbers without knowing a thing about the OP reinforces my already low opinion of you.
  • isa474
    edited January 2015
    Options

I stated that I was not your "dear", you continued with its use. You don't like people noting that the numbers you spew are random and arbitrary. You don't like people noting that you use unwelcome terms even after told they are not applicable. That is the level to which I won't lower myself. You've already been unfriendly, and I don't see you as worthy of any effort to go out of my way to be friendly towards.

The fact you continue to post random numbers without knowing a thing about the OP reinforces my already low opinion of you.

So sad smh. Last time I checked dear is not derrigatory. Im Far from u friendly i come in peace. We are all entitled to post our views And u continued to bagger me because they differ. Enjoy your night sir
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

She's not trying to maintain she's wanting to lose which she is struggling with therefor calorie intake should be reevaluated. Being hungry at 1400 would depend on what is being eating. I'm never hungry eating 1300 to 1400 with the things i consume.

I get that the OP is trying to lose. But I'm referring to your statement that it's not recommended for a woman to ever go over 2000 calories. That may be the average calorie level for a woman to maintain, but that very much depends on stats and activity level.

You're throwing out general advice without waiting for more specific information from the OP. 1300 calories might be appropriate or it might not be.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Hello, I recently picked up running again after a couple years off. (Had a baby) Previously I lost a lot of weight quickly when I ran, but it's been 2 weeks now of 5 days a week running 30 minutes each day at 5mph and no weight loss. I am also following my calorie intake to a T, and not going over. I also have been eating healthy foods and not eating out or junk food. Can anyone give me advice on why my weight isn't moving? I have no medical problems and have been successful in losing weight this way in the past. Thanks!

Two weeks is a short period of time. It could be water retention. Without an open diary, it is impossible to assess what impact your food choices have. How are you calculating your intakes and exercise burns? What you think is a deficit could easily be an equilibrium.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    It's only been two weeks. Give it some time. Are you weighing your food or are you measuring? Get a digital food scale, life will be so much better. Also, have you taken your measurements? The scale takes everything into consideration, hair, water, blood, organs, etc. You could be losing inches, but not weight.

Darnit! I bet I still have those 2 extra lbs. because of my hair and blood! Stupid hair and blood! :wink:
  • isa474
    Options

I get that the OP is trying to lose. But I'm referring to your statement that it's not recommended for a woman to ever go over 2000 calories. That may be the average calorie level for a woman to maintain, but that very much depends on stats and activity level.

You're throwing out general advice without waiting for more specific information from the OP. 1300 calories might be appropriate or it might not be.

I was generally speaking and assuming and i didn't use the word never. As u stated the "average calorie"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    paulm34 wrote: »
    Muscle weighs more than fat. So although your dieting and running and burning fat, your also building muscle. Don't change anything. Your body will level out and over the next few week u should start seeing the scale tip in your favor.

wow..no, just no …OP is not gaining muscle by running and eating in a calorie deficit…geez…just stop!
  • ndj1979
    Options

how did you come up wit that number without knowing her stats??/

so you are saying that 300 pound woman that is 5-10 could not lose on say 2400 a week to start???
  • isa474
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

so you are saying that 300 pound woman that is 5-10 could not lose on say 2400 a week to start???

Not saying that at all. I read between her lines she is obviously not 300 pounds running 30 min 5 days a week at 5mph. And has plateaued. Just saying her calorie should be reevaluated
  • ndj1979
    Options

Not saying that at all. I read between her lines she is obviously not 300 pounds running 30 min 5 days a week at 5mph. And has plateaued. Just saying her calorie should be reevaluated

you pulled a number out of thin air and are now back peddling..

how about just not giving advice based on an arbitrary number that you pulled out of thin air ...
  • brianpperkins
    Options

So sad smh. Last time I checked dear is not derrigatory. Enjoy your night

Dear is incredibly diminutive when you disagree with someone. And even if you don't believe it to be or aren't meaning to use it that way, it's polite to stop using a pet name for someone when you're asked.

you pulled a number out of thin air and are now back peddling..

how about just not giving advice based on an arbitrary number that you pulled out of thin air ...

Not back paddling at all.... sticking to it sir

I was generally speaking and assuming and i didn't use the word never. As u stated the "average calorie"

So admit the numbers you provided are based on nothing from the OP and therefore meaningless. Since that is the case, you cannot possibly stick to the random and arbitrary numbers you provided based on assumptions and your reading between lines.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're probably retaining water still. Give it a couple more weeks.

Make sure you're logging accurately, with food scale, and trust the process.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Also, FTR, I do not think 1200-1300 gross calories is appropriate for a person who is doing intense exercise like running unless there's some kind of underlying medical condition.
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been playing with my calories, my maintenance is 1800-2000, to lose weight it is 1600. Since doing this I have lost 1 kilo (2.2lbs) in a week, before I was maintaining :)