Help! bride to be in trouble!

Options
13»

Replies

• christyj0725
    christyj0725 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One week!! Aahh crazy thought! I have lost 11.6lbs! I should have no problems with fitting in my dress!
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I hope you dress fits.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »
    Haha I win! My grandparents are coming Monday and my mom finally caved in and allowed me to model my dress for them! I've lost 10.2lbs and when I tried it on in May I had lost 8 so we'll see what happens!

Just out of curiosity why is it up to your mom to make that decision? If you want to model your dress for your grandparents, just do it? You're gonna be a married woman soon. ;)

Who knows she doesn't want me to mess it up. One part of the bussle has a little rip but I don't think it's a reason to not know if it's gonna fit

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Just curious about a few things, because some of it just doesn't make sense. If you knew the dress had a small rip in it, why not have it repaired? What if it gets worse on your wedding day?

Also, why would you not try it on throughout the weight loss process? What if it doesn't fit properly?

You're Mom won't let you try it on - really? I'm not trying to be offensive, but that doesn't make sense to me. Are you underage?

I'm assuming you purchased the dress, and are only going to wear it once. Judging by this post, the way the dress fits you is important. Why are you not taking the necessary actions to ensure the best possible outcome? By taking no action you are going to be wearing a ripped, possibly ill fitting dress for your wedding...is this really what you want?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Isn't there another thread thats EXACTLY the same as this one...?
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just had my wedding a week ago and it was AMAZING!!! Just a little inspiration for everyone who is trying to lose for the big day - it was SO worth it. I felt great (healthy and beautiful) and I am so proud of myself for losing the weight for my wedding. I have a few pictures from family and friends and I love looking at them. I think that was my goal - to be happy with how I looked in the pictures. It was a special day no matter what I weighed/looked, but I really wanted to do this for myself.
  • christyj0725
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »
    Haha I win! My grandparents are coming Monday and my mom finally caved in and allowed me to model my dress for them! I've lost 10.2lbs and when I tried it on in May I had lost 8 so we'll see what happens!

Just out of curiosity why is it up to your mom to make that decision? If you want to model your dress for your grandparents, just do it? You're gonna be a married woman soon. ;)

Who knows she doesn't want me to mess it up. One part of the bussle has a little rip but I don't think it's a reason to not know if it's gonna fit

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Just curious about a few things, because some of it just doesn't make sense. If you knew the dress had a small rip in it, why not have it repaired? What if it gets worse on your wedding day?

Also, why would you not try it on throughout the weight loss process? What if it doesn't fit properly?

You're Mom won't let you try it on - really? I'm not trying to be offensive, but that doesn't make sense to me. Are you underage?

I'm assuming you purchased the dress, and are only going to wear it once. Judging by this post, the way the dress fits you is important. Why are you not taking the necessary actions to ensure the best possible outcome? By taking no action you are going to be wearing a ripped, possibly ill fitting dress for your wedding...is this really what you want?

I'm 22. The rip hides when I bussle it so I'm not concerned about it. I'm not sure why she didn't want me to try it on throughout June and most of this month.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »
    Just had my wedding a week ago and it was AMAZING!!! Just a little inspiration for everyone who is trying to lose for the big day - it was SO worth it. I felt great (healthy and beautiful) and I am so proud of myself for losing the weight for my wedding. I have a few pictures from family and friends and I love looking at them. I think that was my goal - to be happy with how I looked in the pictures. It was a special day no matter what I weighed/looked, but I really wanted to do this for myself.

Thank you, I needed this today. I'm wanting to lose weight for my wedding for the same reason. For once I want to love photos of myself, enough so that I can frame them and put them on the wall!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »

Thank you, I needed this today. I'm wanting to lose weight for my wedding for the same reason. For once I want to love photos of myself, enough so that I can frame them and put them on the wall!

I agree!! That's all I ask! It's been a long time since I thought I looked good in pictures and in person...I just wanna be beautiful for my husband...
  • christyj0725
    Options
    I had a beautiful wedding! My dress did fit and now on our honeymoon!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I had a beautiful wedding! My dress did fit and now on our honeymoon!!
    Congrats and glad you made it.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Buy a dress that fits?
    :)

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Great news and congrats!!
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Even after the wedding I've lost -5.6lbs. 16lbs total and only 9 more until my goal!
  • queenliz99
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Way to go!! And congratulations :D
  • christyj0725
    Options
    Since my wedding and honeymoon. I've lost 20lbs and back in the 120s!!!! Booyah!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Since my wedding and honeymoon. I've lost 20lbs and back in the 120s!!!! Booyah!

Yay!!