Options
2»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Pinky1147 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I'm not diabetic. My doctor just recommended less than 50 carbs for weight loss.

I would find a new doctor if this one is making those kinds of recommendations.
    Agreed
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    why do they have to be hardboiled? I see this suggestion a lot and it really gets under my skin. eggs are eggs no matter which way you cook them. 50g of carbs a day can be really hard and unsustainable for some, like myself, but I'm doing really good with 100 and under and plenty of fat and protein.

Because other methods entail adding more fat lol. But it really doesn't matter either way, I make omelets myself.

But OP, why has your doctor recommended <50g of carbs a day? Unless you are suuuuper diabetic and like.. about to die, there is no need to drop carbs that low. If that was her weight loss recommendation, then ignore everything she said because you don't need to eat low carbs to lose weight. I personally eat no less than 150g of carbs a day, and I just decided this week to start implementing refeeds (planned days eating at/above maintenance with predominantly carbs as your intake source) because I've been at this for like 7 months and I keep noticing problems with my lifts at the gym. So yesterday I ate over 400g of carbs, not dead.

Pretty naïve to tell someone else (who may or may not have a metabolic issue) that what you "personally" do is just fine for them. Every body is different and there is growing scientific evidence for many thousands of people limited carbs is in fact the key to consistent weight loss. Even for people who lift.