Cosplay or halloween after weightloss

Options
13»

Replies

• bakesb73
    bakesb73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Njgamer well there's my setting new I learned today. I'm going be looking for things going on in the south jersey philly area this year let me know if you know of any
  • Jinxy23
    Jinxy23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this thread!
    I'm aiming to lose around 20lbs for London Expo in May for my current cosplays (lycra is VERY unforgiving).
    I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this but using the soundtrack to the cosplay as a motivator when working out. Really forces me to focus on what i'm aiming for.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    bakesb73 wrote: »
    Njgamer well there's my setting new I learned today. I'm going be looking for things going on in the south jersey philly area this year let me know if you know of any

Oh wow. There are tons of things that happen in the Philly and Central/South NJ! It all depends on what genre you're looking for. I can maybe give you information. I do volunteer work one in Somerset, NJ every year and there's always volunteer opportunities for people to go to other events, some further away.
  • NJGamerChick
    Options
    Jinxy23 wrote: »
    I'm aiming to lose around 20lbs for London Expo in May for my current cosplays (lycra is VERY unforgiving).
    I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this but using the soundtrack to the cosplay as a motivator when working out. Really forces me to focus on what i'm aiming for.

If that doesn't keep you focused, I'm not sure what will! This is a genius idea.
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Jinxy23 wrote: »

If that doesn't keep you focused, I'm not sure what will! This is a genius idea.

That really is an incredible idea!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I usually go to Jenk's in Point Beach, and a couple of parties in Freehold, one in a hotel pretty adult, the other at iPlay, which is mixed.

Hallowe'en has been a big motivation for years, I wanted to do something for ages, but never could because of my size.

Finally last year I got to do it, with the help of a tight belt and a lot of holding in my stomach (uncomfortable the whole night, for three parties); knowing my past I feared I'd not get another shot at it, so I bit the bullet and did it. I wish I had waited until this Hallowe'en, but... You Only Live Twice (now there's an idea for this year), right?

[img]http://www.goumba.net/images/2014-10-26 01.37.19.jpg[/img]
  • bakesb73
    Options
    Thanks Belimawr and awesome picture! How much weight have you lost and what is the next costume??
  • NJGamerChick
    Options
    Now that's awesome, Belimawr!
    Thanks Belimawr and awesome picture! How much weight have you lost and what is the next costume??

I'm curious, too. You look FAB!
  • rachiesretrokitchen
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Every year there's this raging Halloween ball in the city & all the super hot 20 year old's go & have the night of their life. It sounds so fun! My husband & I got married very young and had four kids in seven years. I was the fat, frumpy, exhausted mom. I would hear about this party on the radio & it would make me feel terrible about myself.

This year we're going! I'm going to find the hottest costume ever & we're going to party with people half our age, lol. We'll probably never do something like this again, haha, but I can't wait! :smiley:

Lol I did this last year for the first time, being a mom young and never doing the "club thing". I was miserable, it was crowded and I felt like an old fogey who just wanted to go home and get in bed. LOL :p

I am guessing this will be me at Soundwave in 4 weeks time lol. Trying to keep an open mind tho :-D
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Now that's awesome, Belimawr!

I'm curious, too. You look FAB!

At that point, it was around 50lbs, I think I was somewhere around 200 at the time.

As far as next year, I'm not sure. As I hinted, one thought is Sean Connery's 007, as it's a little easier since he was a bit more casual than those who follow. Another was a WW II pilot. I wanted to be a fighter pilot as a kid, I always wanted a bomber jacket. I finally bought one that I don't look like I could be flown in the war (i.e. a blimp), so I may go for the full thing.

Or maybe Tim Taylor. I'd done Al Borland last year. Of course this year, at one party, someone showed up as Wilson and I was kicking myself.

Of course, I have to keep it all off, which 9 months away is difficult to foretell.

As far as fab, thanks. At the time, as I had, I was holding it in constantly, a 200lb Indy just wouldn't look right (don't look above the belt in that photo ;) ). I've contemplated doing it again as I expect it to be no problem this year and as I went all out and spent so much (yes that's a real whip, real jacket, the correct shoulder bag - probably close to $500-600) it will definitely get used again.
  • Jinxy23
    Jinxy23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow that is an awesome Indie, you look perfect.