Coffee addiction

Options
How can I rid of this coffee addiction? I crave a large double double everyday, I'm pretty sure it's not the coffee I'm addicted to, I likely am addicted to the cream and sugar s I have no interest in drinking coffee black. Yuck. Anywho to anyone ehos quit the coffee, how long till the cravings go away? What can I drink instead.

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    what's a double double? i like regular coffee with a little milk and one sugar.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I drink a small or medium caramel iced coffee every day from Dunks. You can fit it in if you want; don't give it up if you don't want to. Just make it work.
    Also, since the word is thrown around so often on here and it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine...it's not a cream/sugar addiction.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I used to drink double doubles. I changed my habits gradually when I decided I needed to cut back. First I started ordering regulars, then regulars with milk, and now when I grab my morning coffee I just get one milk in it. If I'm at home or in a restaurant I drink it black. Change is gradual (:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    I just invested in a machine (espresso) dedicated to make coffee, so an addiction to coffee is welcoming, thank you lord!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Double doubles are BRUTAL for calories. It's 18% creamo! Try weaning yourself down to singles, then maybe just milk. Although TH coffee is crap without the cream :( at least you're not addicted to the Gretzky (nine and nine).

For our American friends, double doubles are a Canadian staple from Tim Hortons coffee (double cream, double sugar). The cream is 18% milkfat and slightly sweetened. So darn yummy
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Why not try cutting out the sugar and just have a bit of cream, then when you're used to that, substitute the cream for milk?

I used to put sugar in coffee, then about 8 years ago I stopped and now I can't stand it with sugar.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    ooooh, tim hortons. i tried the coffee once after they opened in nyc. didn't like it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I would never stop drinking the coffee, I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting into sentence doing.
    Options
    The coffee is sub-par. It's the cream that makes it great.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Double doubles are BRUTAL for calories. It's 18% creamo! Try weaning yourself down to singles, then maybe just milk. Although TH coffee is crap without the cream :( at least you're not addicted to the Gretzky (nine and nine).

For our American friends, double doubles are a Canadian staple from Tim Hortons coffee (double cream, double sugar). The cream is 18% milkfat and slightly sweetened. So darn yummy
    Not sure what tims have done but the last time I had a coffee from them it tasted like dirty dish water.......pretty poor excuse for coffee which leads me to believe that they must put cocaine in the cream.

Options
    I would never stop drinking the coffee, I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting into sentence doing.
    +1

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I was getting older and drinking a pot a day and subsequently, up half the night.
    Then I started getting very anxious along with some awful panic attacks.
    I came to discover that my body could no longer take that much caffeine.
    I pretty much stopped the coffee except for an occasional cup in the morning here and there.
    Now I drink one cup of green tea and one cup of black tea in the morning with almond milk and stevia.
    I really missed all the coffee for a few weeks but I don't miss the anxiety, panic attacks and bad sleep!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about the amount of cream and sugar can you slowly cut back each week how much you put in? You don't necessarily have to drink it black. I slowly cut back on my cream and sugar until I started drinking it with 1 sugar and a splash of skim milk which was a huge improvement from my extra light/ extra sweet from Dunkin.
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    what's a double double? i like regular coffee with a little milk and one sugar.

A double double is 2 cream 2 sugar, sorry canadian term
  • taymam
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    So then you title isn't accurate? You're not addicted to coffee, you believe you are addicted to cream and sugar? Do you ever just drink cream with sugar in it with no coffee?

I suppose I'm addicted to thw combination of coffee, cream and sugar. But I think it's the sugar that's causing the cravings
  • taymam
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    ooooh, tim hortons. i tried the coffee once after they opened in nyc. didn't like it.

The actual coffee is crap. It the sugar and cream that makes it taste so good to me.
  • taymam
    Options

Wise words to live by I have 2 small boys under 3 with lots of energy. I need to do the standing and putting into sentence doing (although that last one isn't so important to small children I can usually just get away with one word)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    taymam wrote: »
    So then you title isn't accurate? You're not addicted to coffee, you believe you are addicted to cream and sugar? Do you ever just drink cream with sugar in it with no coffee?

I suppose I'm addicted to thw combination of coffee, cream and sugar. But I think it's the sugar that's causing the cravings

Got it. So it's another sugar thread.

Time to break out the bingo board.