Who has watched or is watching the series Dexter what do you guys think about it????

Options
Laureani
Laureani Posts: 134 Member
I recently started watching Dexter and I'm finally on season 8, I think it's a great show and it's kept me on edge through most of the seasons, thank God for netflix

Replies

• darylarguelles
    darylarguelles Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Best serie ever!! Sad end for me, buti liked it a lot
  • assthetikk
    assthetikk Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Season 8 was a big disappointment for me so keep your expectations low and you'd probably enjoy it
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Some scenarios are even less believable than the original premise,
    and the ending was one of those.
    But we watched every show & enjoyed them.
  • Laureani
    Options
    assthetikk wrote: »
    Season 8 was a big disappointment for me so keep your expectations low and you'd probably enjoy it

Lol I already know what happens, not shy to spoilers I just want to see it for myself
  • Laureani
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Some scenarios are even less believable than the original premise,
    and the ending was one of those.
    But we watched every show & enjoyed them.

I bet.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yes--watched Dexter--liked the earlier seasons the best!!!
  • SantanaHice
    SantanaHice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love Dexter!
  • Laureani
    Options
    Love Dexter!

I heard there might be a season 9 but I wonder how that would work out?????
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    SPOILER ALERT!
    ==========

I liked it until Deb decided she was in romantic love with Dexter. I know they weren't related, but still, slightly creepy to me to want to bang your adopted brother. I stopped watching at the end of season 6.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it, but I have friends that for years were ardent devotees. When I told them I was about to start watching via Netflix, I was told the final season was so bad, that it ruined all the good will built up to then. Their advice was to not even bother starting or at least, not watch the last season.
  • Laureani
    Options
    EDollah wrote: »
    I've never watched it, but I have friends that for years were ardent devotees. When I told them I was about to start watching via Netflix, I was told the final season was so bad, that it ruined all the good will built up to then. Their advice was to not even bother starting or at least, not watch the last season.

Aww you should see for yourself
  • Laureani
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT!
    ==========

I liked it until Deb decided she was in romantic love with Dexter. I know they weren't related, but still, slightly creepy to me to want to bang your adopted brother. I stopped watching at the end of season 6.

Yeah I know, that was just wrong the writers messed up for that.
  • cristina4970
    cristina4970 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Love it till the final season.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I love Dexter. When it first came out I binged watched it & was up until 3am because I could not stop. He is also very easy to look at.
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Loved the show but hated the finale....
  • tweetle1
    tweetle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it up until series 6 then it started to get a wee bit silly. Same with prison break and sons of anarchy it's like they are struggling to end it some how.
  • assthetikk
    assthetikk Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    tweetle1 wrote: »
    Absolutely love it up until series 6 then it started to get a wee bit silly. Same with prison break and sons of anarchy it's like they are struggling to end it some how.

agreed! Season 7 was a drag except for the sizzling chemistry between Dexter and Hannah
  • Laureani
    Options
    assthetikk wrote: »
    tweetle1 wrote: »

agreed! Season 7 was a drag except for the sizzling chemistry between Dexter and Hannah

I hated Hannah, and still do, although she accepts Dexter she's not to be trusted, too bad she comes back and Dexter decides to screw over Debra, again. Speaking of Debra is it me or did the writers make her a train wreck, I don't like her this season, you'd think for a brilliant woman she'd actually seek some form of help instead of partaking in unhealthy behaviors.
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I loved Dexter. Didn't like how it ended, but still loved it. The hubs and I binged watched all seasons after a friend of mine recommended watching it.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    AMAZING series...but...the ending...it broke my heart...in a bad way..WHYYYY DEXTER!!!!