Looking for Friends in all the right places - Anyone 44 out there?

Options
vanbib
vanbib Posts: 20 Member
Been on before and back again. Been 23 days now and back on MFP for 18 days. I'm a Mom of 3 - 5, 10 and 13, work full time and well you know how it goes. Looking to connect with more for support. I'm here to help and willing to give it. Join me on my journey and I'll join you on yours. I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I've got 50lbs to go and I'm down 6.4 as of today. Look forward to this year! Let the <3 begin!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Hi there ...I too am back on this site after giving up ...I am 44 and a mother of 1 ...I am looking to lose just shy of 100 pounds ...Please feel free to add me ...wishing you much success :)
  • Firefly31772
    Firefly31772 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    43 in March and looking to lose about 50 lbs. I am tracking things here but, starting a juice reboot on Sunday the 25. I have one daughter 22 and a step-son 18. I am a homemaker with my primary caregiver duties focused on the pets (two cats, a dog and a turtle). I would love some mutual support from like minded people. =)
  • vanbib
    Options
    You got it! ;)
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and have lost 105 and still have 145 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, lost 102 lbs two years ago, and gained back 30. I'm trying to lose 50 lbs this time. I have a son who's 24 and am now raising my 4 year old niece. Add me if you want.
  • vanbib
    Options
    Awesome! Wow...What an amazing achievement!
  • carmatiz
    carmatiz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Im here to support and to help.
  • vanbib
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you, Carmatiz!
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Be 40 in March. I'm bummed :( lost 24 lbs so far but have about 50 more to go
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 44 too and looking to lose about 22-30 lb but pretty bad at this! Kids grown up as I had them young and work in education
  • vanbib
    Options
    You both can do it!! Do it for yourself... That's my conclusion and the rest will come naturally. Their is a lot of support here as I have found on my short journey so far. Look forward to connecting!
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am 46, work full time and have an 11 year old son. Sitting in a cube all day has taken it's toll for sure and I need to lose at least 50 pounds. I have been on MFP for a week and really enjoy it!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, here to help if you need support or just a yarn :D
  • vanbib
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome LuckyStar813!
  • vanbib
    Options
    Thank you PurpleYFronts!
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    45 based in the UK, been on here for 670 days. Made some great friends along the way on both sides of the water. Can never have too many friends
  • dkhoury95
    dkhoury95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, and have 4 kids...twins about to turn 20, a 12 yr old and an 8 yr old. Good luck reaching your goal!
  • brjodaka
    brjodaka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 44 and Mom of 4. Looking to lose 25-30lbs. I'm a nurse and find shift work not all that helpful when it comes to losing weight! Tomorrow will be my first weight in so we'll see how I've done. I'm also not great at eating breakfast so I've been using Isagenix shakes.
    Total newbie question... How do I "add" people? Lol

• mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 45 and working on losing my last couple of pounds. I've lost about 20 so far. Add me if you like :)
  • scottwblack
    scottwblack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 (how exactly that happened, I'm not sure!) and have just restarted my weight loss journey. They say it's tougher at our age, but I actually think the opposite is true because I know so much more about health and nutrition than I did 20 or even 10 years ago.