Mcdonalds????????????

Options
They've introduced a new egg white delight egg mcmuffin which has egg whites low fat Canadian bacon and white cheddar cheese on it and a whole grain bun YUMMY! Looks good. Im just wondering if theyre finally getting the message, most of their stuff is dangerously high in fat and calories, theyre the worste with the burgers. its why I love their burgers, I cant eat them though theyre so greasy.

A lot of people have been upset about Mcdonalds beign so unhealthy, maybe they'll start offering a healthier menu eventually who knows. I might try the new egg white mcmuffin well see if its good look yummy!

Replies

• Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I tried it, it's pretty good. I don't go to McD's very often, but if I do I usually get the egg white delight, the yogurt parfait, a salad or a Happy Meal--it's the right portion.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I like the double quarter pounder with lots of ketchup.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    McDonalds has tried to go lighter several times due to focus groups. And when people go there they still get the same old stuff!

When I am trying to have a pretty low cal breakfast the burrito isn't bad really.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I like the double quarter pounder with lots of ketchup.

Me too!! Nom nom nom
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Also that steak, egg and cheese sandwich is the truth for breakfast.

ETA- Don't forget the hash brown! :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh hash brown... and the fires FRIES!!! LOL!! :laugh:

• Alluminati
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Also that steak, egg and cheese sandwich is the truth for breakfast.

ETA- Don't forget the hash brown! :)
    That's it. I'm going!
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I hope you meant fries.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I hope you meant fries.

HAHAHA!!! Oh yes the fries!! I can't live without their fries!! They're the best!! :yum:
  • LizinTx1967
    Options
    YUM! When Im off my diet if I go in I like to get the double quarter pounder with cheese and mayo and ketsup and I don't like french-fries a lot so I usually get an order of 10 chicken nuggets with it instead .
    Then for a dessert I like they're Sundays and cookies but my favorite is the hot apple pies YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love their hot apple pies, one day I'm gonna bring a container of cool whip to put on them! It sounds like a big binge and it is. When I'm off my diet eating fast food though I go on big binges yikes! I also like they're cinnamon thingy magigiies they have for breakfast and their hot chocolate its yummy!

But I think I will try the egg white mcmuffin one of these days sounds good.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i actually find mcdonalds to be an easy place to watch my calories. They are posted on the menu, and you can easily find all the info for the sandwhiches and salad w/o mayo etc online. I regularly get the fruit and yog parfait (150 calories), small strawberry banana smoothie (200cals), or the southwest salad with southwest dressing, no meat. (Im a vegetarian, but ordered this way, the whole salad is 200 calories.)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I haven't had McDs since I got back on track seriously last month. I used to crave and miss it but this time it has been easy! The Big Mac was my weakness!! I was interested to try the new egg white delight too but I have never been a fan of McD eggs in any form! The egg white sandwich I make at home is soo much better now (45 cal wheat bread, light cream cheese, egg whites and bacon with two clementines) and I feel satisfied and full. And no "McD rumble" as I call it. That 10-15 minutes after you eat and my tummy starts yelling at me big time! But if you like it- Enjoy it:) :):)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was fine until the McRib came back in season....
  • skillster122
    Options
    I go for the grilled Sweet Chili Chicken Wrap. It's filling and pretty low in calories. Pretty much the only thing I eat for fast food anymore.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of Mickey D's (I've been twice in the last six months), but as I often point out, most Happy Meals are within my calorie count for a lunch or dinner.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    McDonalds fits in my day. I've already planned it for breakfast tomorrow !!!

Wonder if the egg white mcmuffin counts in their sale price? Probably not so i will most likely opt for full calories.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find McDonald's to be absolutely repulsive. I was never a fan of the food and would only eat it if traveling and no other choices were available. Otherwise I haven't eaten McD's in over a year.

• Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All my co-workers eat McDonalds! UGHHHHH IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD I WANT! But I can't! Tastes so good - but I get sick when I eat it! Trying to train myself to not eat it at all so I wont get sick - plus hello it's so addicting Curse you mcnuggets, filet-o-fish etc. lol
    :)
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I actually used to work for the company in the corporate office. I learned a lot about the food in the process and the people who create the food. It was super interesting.

As for the food, I'm glad McDonalds is catering to those guests looking for convenience but lighter options. I rarely eat McDonalds so I consider it a treat when I do. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the Golden Arches when I'm on a road trip. More often than not, I look forward to fitting a Grilled Chicken Sandwich (hold the tomato, extra pickles) and fries into my diet.

Everything in moderation if you enjoy it :)