Mcdonalds????????????

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it's pretty good. I don't go to McD's very often, but if I do I usually get the egg white delight, the yogurt parfait, a salad or a Happy Meal--it's the right portion.

As a snack, maybe...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Aemely wrote: »
    belimawr wrote: »
    If I want a burger, it's Five Guys or one of the local places for me. Even then, it's a rare event.

Oh yes, Five Guys is the bomb. If you actually like McDonald's and find it "worth the calories," then you can fit those calories into your eating regimen. :flowerforyou:

Not to go off topic too much, but we have two places in my part of NJ, 25 Burgers and Cheeburger Cheeburger that kick Five Guys' ***.

Not that I think they're any healthier than McD's of course, but the quality is far far better. ;)

We have some amazing places here as well that kick butt but they are also a bit pricier than FG so you get what you pay for. I haven't seen Fast Eddies for year but they used to make McDonald's look upscale, but 10 cent hamburgers were hard to beat!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I like the double quarter pounder with lots of ketchup.

That is so GROSS.

Not the hamburger. The ketchup. I hate ketchup. And Catsup. Both. Equally. Ew.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really can't eat their lunch/dinner food anymore (it hurts my belly), but their regular Egg McMuffin is actually a really good breakfast choice. 17g protein, and only 300 calories.

I don't get the hate of food simply because it's prepared by a certain company. Like all other things, some things are going to be delicious and some things aren't, depending on personal tastes.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I really like McDonald's, but when I go there I do not go for a salad or a yogurt. If I want "healthy McDonald's", I'll sacrifice the bun, get sauces on the side, and/or order a small.

I also think their new "Unapologetic Big Mac" commercial is hilarious. (As an aside, I wonder what the response would be if McDonald's blended up some Kale in a McFlurry and put it on their healthy menu.) I definitely like the tack McDonald's has taken to poke fun at their critics rather than constantly defending themselves.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I like the double quarter pounder with lots of ketchup.

That is so GROSS.

Not the hamburger. The ketchup. I hate ketchup. And Catsup. Both. Equally. Ew.

Lol!! I absolutely love ketchup!! More so with McDonald's fries... so much so that my friends would say I should've ordered ketchup with a side of food. (I've learned to eat ketchup in moderation now.)

Y'all making me hungry for some McD's!! :wink:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I like McDonald's. I never get the salads, I can make that at home. And given that the salads (w/ grilled chicken) are around 330-390 calories, depending on the dressing I choose, I'd rather "spend" a little more calories for a sandwich (which I REALLY want when I'm thinking fast food), typically a McDouble or a grilled chicken sandwich choice (w/ mayo--I love that stuff ;) ).
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I had the egg white deluxe for breakfast. Not bad, but still ridiculously high in sodium.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    personally, I will just make my own or go to this one spot in town that has great burgers…but in a pinch I don't mind mcdonalds that much ..and their breakfast options are pretty good….i personally love the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit...
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love the yogurt parfait, oatmeal, sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle, and now i love love love love love love that triple cheeseburger =) I actually go out for a long run just to eat one after!
  • mindful2012
    mindful2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually try to steer clear and hit Subway instead, but if you are not careful you can do just as much damage at Subway!

I do like the Southwestern Salad, I just go easy on the salad dressing or use my own.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Bacon clubhouse burger fits pretty nicely into my day. But damn try to enter it on here and gotta sort through all the no bun, no sauce, no bacon, no happiness entries to find the right one
  • cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always order the Whopper with cheese. It's 0 calories at McDonalds.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    cerad2 wrote: »
    I always order the Whopper with cheese. It's 0 calories at McDonalds.

LOL, Whoopers (or anything BK) is negative calories for me. It's a "cleansing/detox" food to my body. Goes right through me :o:\ I'll stick with McDonald's, my body retains it much better.
  • Manda_Sparkles
    Manda_Sparkles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I love McDonald's especially their mocha frappe's they are my weakness. And their McDouble's are yummy too and don't get me started on their fries.

I have tried their Egg white delight and I really liked it. It was really good. So if I do decide to do McDonald's I will get a small strawberry banana smoothie and a egg white delight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Gawd, I really want a burger now.

I like McD's. I don't LOVE it. But I like it. I like their yogurt parfait. Usually pair that with a McDouble.

I'm more of a Wendy's girl though. I could eat their french fries for days.... DAYS!!!!!!! hehe :) They're spicy chicken sandwich is good too. :D
  • LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im a Wendy's lover but mcdonalds filet fish is so yummy to me. I have pass mcdonalds every time I go to and from my gym but I stock my fridge with wonderful food now so I take a second and ask myself which would be more satisfying? 9 times out of 10 home cooked wins.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Gawd, I really want a burger now.

I like McD's. I don't LOVE it. But I like it. I like their yogurt parfait. Usually pair that with a McDouble.

I'm more of a Wendy's girl though. I could eat their french fries for days.... DAYS!!!!!!! hehe :) They're spicy chicken sandwich is good too. :D

I like the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's too. We don't eat fast food very often but Wendy's is usually my pick when we do.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is vile.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Year's ago when I started losing weight I was eating fast food a couple of times a day. Once I started I gave it up completely which was no easy for me! A couple of years later I decided to have a Quarter Pounder and to say it screwed with my digestive system is an understatement :) I'm a big promoter of treats and cheat days, I've kept a ton of weight off for many years by following this BUT no way would I ever eat that stuff again after seeing what it does to your insides LOL If I do go through a fast food window, which is almost next to never, I opt for Wendy's baked potato with chili sans the cheese. Oh and Wendy's fries, totally kick McDonald's fries *kitten* all day long :D But everyone has their own tastes!