Wow, that added up quickly - 842 cal breakfast

Options
But it was good! Blame it on the jiffy muffins the kids made!

Replies

• rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Anytime I eat breakfast (which is rare cause I don't enjoy it much), it is a crazy high amount! Maybe it is because I love butter on my carbs :-). I love make a butter taco with my pancakes!
  • maggymouse
    maggymouse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ouch! You can (and should) eat breakfast, but make sure it's a bit healthier - porridge is my failsafe, made with half oat milk, half water and topped with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey, and some blueberries. If you need protein, eggs are great, just watch how you cook them.
    -
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    maggymouse wrote: »
    Ouch! You can (and should) eat breakfast, but make sure it's a bit healthier - porridge is my failsafe, made with half oat milk, half water and topped with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey, and some blueberries. If you need protein, eggs are great, just watch how you cook them.
    -

No should about it

Eat breakfast if you want ..or don't ...meal timing makes no difference
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

rabbitjb wrote: »
    Eat breakfast if you want ..or don't ...meal timing makes no difference

This is fine. Work it in to your total calories for the day. Just cut back on your food intake for the rest of the day if you want to be within your calorie allotment for the day. Totally up to you how you spend your calories.

That many calories at one meal would not work for me. I have to spread mine out throughout 3 meals and 2 snacks, just the way it is for me.

• imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    haha i did that on lunch yesterday, 889 calorie lunch, banana for breakfast and banana for dinner.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lbride wrote: »
    But it was good! Blame it on the jiffy muffins the kids made!

Okay. I take it you ate food you didn't plan on eating. Do you think if you logged it in advance you would have changed what you chose to eat or cut your portions in half?
    Are you making a plan to deal with it?

I find it pretty helpful to log food in advance instead of after eating. Cuts down on the "surprise! you just ate over 800 calories" moments. If I want to eat a larger meal, I add in some more exercise that day.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Not hard to do, the average breakfast at I-Hop has about 1100 calories. The Chicken Fried Steak with Sausage Gravy comes in at around 1900 calories.

Having the full calories on the menu, sigh, really ruins everything.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    haha been there done that, i cannot resist a belgian waffle! kept me full for almost the whole day though
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I do that with brunch occasionally. Usually I'll follow it up with a lighter dinner and still stick to my calorie goal.

On workdays, it doesn't work for me to devote so many calories for breakfast, 'cause I'd have next to nothing left for lunch or dinner. I try to keep those breakfasts under 200 calories.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    HINT: Breakfast is not "the most important meal of the day". They lied to us our whole lives.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do that and more when I go out for breakfast...but usually, the rest of the day is pretty light.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nope wasn't exactly planning on it (usually when I make breakfast on weekend it tends to be low calorie b/c it's eggs and veggies) but the muffins the kids made smelled so good! and the breakfast burrito seemed to require extra cheese today? Must just be one of those mornings.
  • DJGigante812
    DJGigante812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Okay

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast. Mine are always big and filling and keep me going until after noon.

3 eggs w/1T butter
    2 slices of uncured, hickory-smoked bacon
    black coffee

Lately, I've been adding a Texas grapefruit because they're in season and I bought a bushel (yes, a bushel!). It puts me over my carb goals, but I think I'm willing to accept that because they're so *kitten* good!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    That could have been me yesterday, with lunch. We went to Pei Wei. (Pf Changs other restaurant). I got a woked vegetables and tofu with brown rice. Before I dove in I checked the nutritional info. HOLY CREPES! It was about 1,000 calories. I ate half, mostly vegetables and brought the rest home. Hubs turned it into a breakfast stir fry.

Calories really can add up!
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    as long as it was worth it! happens to me all the time but i have no regrets ever! :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My weekend breakfast calories tend to look like that, but then I don't really eat again until dinner, so it balances out. Love big weekend breakfasts! :)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll stop complaining about mine now. I had waffles this morning, it's been about 14 months since I had to switch to gf food. Yay no more gastro woes, boo gf food. I had one big belgian waffle and then checked the calories -wrong way round I know. So I will prelog and be good for the rest of the day. It was worth it.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That happens sometimes. Just adjust the rest of your day or week and you'll be fine.

I've been craving a good burger and cheesy fries for a few days, so I'm totally going to get that today or tomorrow. It'll basically be my entire day's calories, but I can swing a bigger deficit for a few days to make some room. Life's no fun without the occasional "whoops, that was delicious" moment.