Chocolate Lovers?

Options
13»

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate lover once... but then she melted.

Seriously though - great advice here. Don't guilt yourself over what you eat - just log it, and fit the rest of your day's calories around it... You can even pre-log it to figure out how much you can "afford" to eat, then you can enjoy it with confidence that it won't wreck your daily goal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I eat chocolate as it is. I just ate this tonight because I craved it and it fit my macros/cals:
    35f212ae23204ccf89a9466774c02a16.jpg
    toblerone-pieces-web.png?itok=s7QWlScS

Also OMG jealous
    Winner-Hillcrest-Leila-web.jpg

You ate it all without me??? WTF!? what bout me?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I eat chocolate as it is. I just ate this tonight because I craved it and it fit my macros/cals:
    35f212ae23204ccf89a9466774c02a16.jpg
    toblerone-pieces-web.png?itok=s7QWlScS

Also OMG jealous
    Winner-Hillcrest-Leila-web.jpg

You ate it all without me??? WTF!? what bout me?

Imagine if I had eaten that 21lb hedgehog all by myselfLOL.
    I still have more of both left! Chocolate paaaartaaay
    tumblr_nd87qf8LJa1s8kreio1_250.gif
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I get those Lindt 90% cacao bars that are segmented into squares. One square (at least 4 bites worth to me) is 60 calories. Each day I am having a square. It is less sweet than average yet super satisfying and delicious. It's very intense flavored and high quality.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've eaten a whole bar of 99% cacao for two days in a row. 220 calories each. They are a little rough but I dip them in coffee with cream and sugar and I dig it.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It has crossed my mind to eat the whole thing lol but then I would have had to give up my turkey sausage "burger" patty. Wanted the meat after my workout. Also if I noshed the whole thing my husband would be left empty handed, not nice lol. So anyway. Then I ate the square of chocolate and had my lemon tea with a smidgen of lavender honey. Holy crap, honey from various blossoms and with essences added. Orange blossom honey. Wildflower honey. Raw organic wildflower honey. I'm finding things that pack a lot of flavor into a few calories in order to get some enjoyment that I "buy" with my workout calories so to speak.
  • arditarose
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I get those Lindt 90% cacao bars that are segmented into squares. One square (at least 4 bites worth to me) is 60 calories. Each day I am having a square. It is less sweet than average yet super satisfying and delicious. It's very intense flavored and high quality.

That's the one I get in 99%. It's ridiculously bitter but seriously growing on me.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's time for you to explore the wonderful world of fine chocolate. Forget that sugary Hershey's/Dove fake psuedo chocolate crap. Take a look at some Sharffenberger, Dagoba, Vosges, DeBrand, Alter Eco, and tons of others! Find a really good grocery or import store, like Whole Foods or World Market, and peruse their chocolate collection.

Real chocolate has a high percentage of cacoa, and few additional ingredients, unlike milk chocolate which has barely any actual chocolate in it (10% minimum in the U.S., 25% in the E.U.) It is far more intense which allows it to give a much greater sense of satisfaction on far less volume. A bar is usually about 2 servings, but you can easily stretch that to 4 or even 8 depending on how easily it's broken up. I keep some in the fridge for desserts or midnight snacks, and rarely eat more than half a serving at a time.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That's the one I get in 99%. It's ridiculously bitter but seriously growing on me.

Eat real chocolate! It goes with peanut butter...cackling!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Eat real chocolate! It goes with peanut butter...cackling!

Hey! Lemme alone haha. For 220 calories I'll dip that whole bar right in the jar of peanut butter.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's time for you to explore the wonderful world of fine chocolate. Forget that sugary Hershey's/Dove fake psuedo chocolate crap. Take a look at some Sharffenberger, Dagoba, Vosges, DeBrand, Alter Eco, and tons of others! Find a really good grocery or import store, like Whole Foods or World Market, and peruse their chocolate collection.

Real chocolate has a high percentage of cacoa, and few additional ingredients, unlike milk chocolate which has barely any actual chocolate in it (10% minimum in the U.S., 25% in the E.U.) It is far more intense which allows it to give a much greater sense of satisfaction on far less volume. A bar is usually about 2 servings, but you can easily stretch that to 4 or even 8 depending on how easily it's broken up. I keep some in the fridge for desserts or midnight snacks, and rarely eat more than half a serving at a time.

HELL yeah.

Let me just add to your list: Marou, Hummingbird, Amma, Pierre Marcolini, Askinosie, Dandelion Chocolate, Fruition, Richart, Valrhona, Pacari, Christophe Morel...

Look for small batch craft chocolates and single-origin chocolate producers. You'll start to think that even Lindt tastes like crap after a little while. And you'll never eat another Hershey bar.