Spiralizer spiralizing recipe ideas inspiration

Options
13»

Replies

• chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ars371 wrote: »

I want to try this recipe! I have got to get more creative.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    TrinNZ wrote: »
    I recently got into making sughetti (zucchini spaghetti) and i LOVE it! I just use a mandolin and it works out great. I don't cook my noodles, just add a cooked sauce, or even raw is awesome. I made a sauce last night using 2 small acorn squash (baked in the oven) 1 clove of garlic, half a cup of low fat gourmet cottage cheese, parsley, fresh basil, chilli powder and a little salt. Blended up in my magic bullet. Added some chopped red pepper and poured the sauce over my sughetti (made from 2 medium zucchini). Sooo good! Tasty, healthy and filling.

You can make a super tasty marinara sauce using a handful of cherry tomatoes, some sundried tomatoes (not in oil), a garlic clove, herbs and spices and a few dates. Pulse in the food processor. It's AMAZING! Add some chopped kale, red pepper and top with sprouts...yum!

I have a silly question... how does the mandolin work? I have one but I never use it. I used it once to slice potatoes into chips...

@misscaligreen :) I suggest you look up the model you have or something similar on Amazon and there's usually a video to watch, I find that most helpful of all. Another great way to find recipes and learn more about your mandolin is Youtube and of course there's always Google for recipes.

I'm looking forward to making Zucchini Lasagna one day using a Mandolin.

Wow! @TrinNZ ..your recipe sounds absolutely amazing... love all the ideas coming from everyone, thanks so much :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    http://www.inspiralized.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/WelcomeGuide.pdf

This is awesome and really informative for anyone learning or anyone in-between.
  • kimberlyward1230
    Options
    I make sweet potato fries with mine weekly! So good! I season mine with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and occasionally add green onions. Add a little coconut oil and bake at 400 until they're tan on the edges.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ^ sounds great! ^

Looking forward to making some of my own they do sound delicious. Thanks for sharing :)