Macronutrient ratio

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If you want to be fat use your ratios, but temporarily, is too much carbs. Once you get to a more ideal weight keep those numbers but in this order fat/protein/carbs.

do you even bulk bro???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Protein is essencial for many reasons, one is to regulate appetite, repair and build muscle... there is no clear science about how much protein do we need in one day, so I wonder where does the science about cutting/bulking comes from.

Carbs are not important because we are not carbohydrates and we do not sintetise anything but tryglicerides from them. Our bodies only use sugar if we adapt it to do so, and it has well known negative effects. The organs in our bodies prefer or only use fat, that is why we convert the carbs into fat, because we don't need many.

Glucose is toxic, that is why our bodies regulate it very strictly, remember that a diabetic will die thanks to glucose.

LOL

we are not carbohydrates, really? Last time i checked we are not protein and fats either..unless, of course, you are talking about a different "we"…

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Protein is essencial for many reasons, one is to regulate appetite, repair and build muscle... there is no clear science about how much protein do we need in one day, so I wonder where does the science about cutting/bulking comes from.

Carbs are not important because we are not carbohydrates and we do not sintetise anything but tryglicerides from them. Our bodies only use sugar if we adapt it to do so, and it has well known negative effects. The organs in our bodies prefer or only use fat, that is why we convert the carbs into fat, because we don't need many.

Glucose is toxic, that is why our bodies regulate it very strictly, remember that a diabetic will die thanks to glucose.

Oh.My.God. Make it stop, make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    when can we have the ignore button back?????????
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Not worth it...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

If this isn't a good reason for an ignore button I don't know what is.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Not just the fact that it makes no sense but why would you give macro %age advice to someone when you don't even know their stats? And 50% fat?! - even I would find that a challange.

Can you explain why it does not make sense? Just curiosity, I know your reason.

He says 50/30/20 carbs/protein and fat and I say, use those to bulk, because he wants to bulk, bulking means gaining weight, some muscle a bit more fat, then you cut fat, is the traditional style, right? He is not asking for lean muscle.

I eat like 60-70% fat dude, and I am underweighted lol.

Oh no, I'm late!

Okay, grammatically it's all over the place so it's hard to read. You told him those macros would make him fat, that's just idiotic. You do not know his stats (height, weight, bf%) so you cannot possibly say his macros are wrong for him or offer an alternative.

He is not asking for lean muscle because he is not an idiot, and understands that lean muscle is a marketing term. There is no lean muscle - there is muscle, skeletal muscle, which he wants more of so has decided to bulk. Your foolish rantings will not affect him but may affect others who read your post and buy into this type of nonsense.

If you do not understand nutrition and how to successfully gain weight and/or muscle, you should refrain from posting drivel till you do. Then when you do, you should reread your posts before posting them so that they are, at least, legible.

Bolded: and yet you are offering advice in the gaining section :/

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Haha I agree with this. (Bolded)

If all of the above is true, please explain why you are underweight?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

This has to be a troll but I'll play.
    http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-overfeeding-overview-high-fat-carb.html
    "In the short run, like on refeed days, for example, carbohydrate overfeeding has another advantage over fat overfeeding, because it takes roughly 500g of carbohydrates (that's 2,000kcal) before even a single gram of those carbs is converted to fat and potentially, but not necessarily stored as body fat (Acheson. 1988) - at "only" 400kcal extra from carbs for one day there was no net lipogenesis at all (see Figure 5). This result is corroborated by data from McDevitt et al. (2000) who observed that the fat gain with fat overfeeding starts with day 1, while there is a time gap in the increase in body fat with carbohydrate overfeeding (McDevitt. 2000)."
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

And a tin foil hat button please!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

And a tin foil hat button please!

Now that's an idea!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Do you even exercise? This is crazy talk the paleo people push and convert gullible people who don't know better.

• Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ratios don't work out. Always grams > ratios.

.6-.87g per lb of bodyweight in protein. The 1g-1.5g recommendation above is just excessive. Especially on a bulk.
    .4g per lb of bodyweight in fat
    Fill the remaining calories with carbs.
    Thanks for this. I just wish MFP would adjust cause all we have here is percentages in 5% increments. I always have to go outside MFP to calculate and then come as close as I can with the MFP goals page so that my macros are staring at me from the Food Diary. Ugh.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Caged_Heat wrote: »
    Ratios don't work out. Always grams > ratios.

.6-.87g per lb of bodyweight in protein. The 1g-1.5g recommendation above is just excessive. Especially on a bulk.
    .4g per lb of bodyweight in fat
    Fill the remaining calories with carbs.
    Thanks for this. I just wish MFP would adjust cause all we have here is percentages in 5% increments. I always have to go outside MFP to calculate and then come as close as I can with the MFP goals page so that my macros are staring at me from the Food Diary. Ugh.
    There is a code that let's you convert it over to grams instead of percentages:

http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

Awesome! Thanks!
  • gapec10
    Options
    To the guy that started this topic:
    WTF? Am I missing something out or am I eating way too much? Mine is:
    Carbs/Protein/Fat 374/150/100
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The OP was speaking in terms of a percentage ratio, not grams. In other words, he's saying 50% of his total calories as carbs, 30% as protein, and 20% as fat.
  • classicamber
    classicamber Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Mine is 25/45/30. I have to eat a lot though.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    its-a-conspiracy.jpg