Juicing?

Options
13»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Also, what's with the "reboot" thing. Is that from the movie? I am not a computer.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Juicing is very beneficial as blending. You have to reuse and recycle. I juice and the left over pulp I turn in to a blending shake (fiber) for later in the day (only with some recipes).

The blending shake sounds disgusting, but if you like it why not just have a smoothie? You get both in one.

Of course, I highly recommend just learning to like vegetables, which are perfectly tasty, especially if properly cooked.

Not sure why super quick digestion is supposed to be a plus. Don't people normally go on about how slowing down digestion is some big benefit?

vegetables are awesome. i don't get the hate.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, juicing.

I guess the real question is, "what are you hoping to accomplish from juicing?"

I own a juicer. However, my goals for weight loss, health, and fitness have been reached by eating a calorie deficit, eating healthier, lifting weights, and cardio. That's how I obtained a healthy weight. I ate tons of salads in Mason jars along the way. I didn't juice a single one of those salads. :P

I haven't made juice in the past several months that I dropped the weight and got fit. If I want a fresh juice, I might whip out my juicer and make a juice... but that juice alone is not going to keep me fit or healthy. I've got to put the work in and eat healthy.
  • JBliss1108
    JBliss1108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and, to be honest, I dont like using it. As others have alluded to, you throw a lot of valuable stuff out with a juicer.

I got a Nutribullet for my birthday and have used it nearly every day for the last two months. I would highly recommend it over juicing. Every morning I start off with a couple handfuls of spinach, a banana, plain/fat free greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and oatmeal. It's delicious and there's nothing to be thrown away.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That so called documentary is all about selling very expensive juicers.
  • Babe2309
    Options
    I did an 80 day juice fast. I cured my thyroid problems and lost waist I didn't even know was in there. I CURED myself. No more meds no more fast weight gain or tiredness. I feel really good. I've lost almost 80 pounds now and can keep up with my active husband and two little girls. I sleep better and look better too. Living example that more people should do a juice fast. Better then being sick all the time. Better then being fat. Right?