How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I check every day, after I pee but before I eat. I really should log every day, I bet that would help me see improvement better.
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just started daily weighing and I wish I would have started it 25 years ago!! For me, it helps to keep me on track and stay away from that "I blew it, I may as well eat everything in sight" attitude. 2 weeks in and down 5.6 pounds, have lost all but 3 days. Works well for me, I hope it continues!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    When ever I feel like knowing how much I weigh.
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I cheat well kind of. I weigh every morning when I get up if the weight has gone up, I weigh myself after my daily workout and that normally brings me down o:).

My routine in the morning when I get up, weigh myself, check and log blood pressure, heart rate, measure body, stomach,chest,neck,biceps,forearm,hips,thigh and calf. I also measure body fat via body measurements, as well as calipers I then compare it to what the scale shows my body fat as. Normally take an average of the 3. Although I log the BF% from the scales. I then start my workout for 80~90 mins.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily at the same time under the same circumstances to watch trends etc.- I NEVER obsess over the number; I only “record” my weight once a week and that is the only number I sort of concentrate on. I think it is a personal choice and “what works for you” is likely the correct answer. If weighing daily stresses someone then it's probably not the best approach...for them.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month

I know by how my clothes fit if I need to adjust my intake
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Everyday, twice a day. I like to see how my weight fluctuates based on what I ate and how much water I drank. I can even tell whether the scale will move the next morning (vs. the prior morning) by how it changes during the day. I only log my weight if I see 2-3 days of consistent loss on the scale. I'm in weight loss mode and have maintained a deficit so I wouldn't log a gain since it would be impossible for me to really gain weight. Sometimes, the scale does weird things but since I know I have eaten less than I have burned, it can only be trending downward.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Every morning, log it in my phone to track trends, log it in MFP once a week