The flag feature is for SPAM

Options
124»

Replies

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    @Kruggeri, you are correct about the abuse flags. Here is how the points/flags/warnings system works, with explanation of how each (spam, abuse, report) should be used:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

I have -1 because someone flagged me for making a joke. They took it the wrong way, and after reading the guidelines I guess I was wrong for posting something off topic in the thread anyway. But what I've noticed is that there are some users who try to take any topic and turn it into a fight (trolling, basically). Maybe a good feature would be when you flag something you could pick a list of what part of the guidelines you think it violates? Maybe there should be a troll button :)

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    memelendy wrote: »
    @Kruggeri, you are correct about the abuse flags. Here is how the points/flags/warnings system works, with explanation of how each (spam, abuse, report) should be used:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest

I have -1 because someone flagged me for making a joke. They took it the wrong way, and after reading the guidelines I guess I was wrong for posting something off topic in the thread anyway. But what I've noticed is that there are some users who try to take any topic and turn it into a fight (trolling, basically). Maybe a good feature would be when you flag something you could pick a list of what part of the guidelines you think it violates? Maybe there should be a troll button :)

there is an option for "trolling" when you report a post. it is not meant for the flags.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    memelendy wrote: »

there is an option for "trolling" when you report a post. it is not meant for the flags.

I'll keep that in mind.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have actually found I got a very fast response with a report including an explanation. Mods probably so many flags for abuse and SPAM that are not they get overwhelmed.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I love SPAM....i cut it and fry it in some coconut oil....scramble some eggs and have SPAM and eggs..... shake a little Parm cheese on top...dang good....let s keep SPAM..... its good! especially for us LOW CARBERS
  • Aviva92
    Options
    willnorton wrote: »
    I love SPAM....i cut it and fry it in some coconut oil....scramble some eggs and have SPAM and eggs..... shake a little Parm cheese on top...dang good....let s keep SPAM..... its good! especially for us LOW CARBERS

never tried it. sounds like i need to.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    How do you report a post. I only see two options at the bottom of posts - Flag and Quote.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    How do you report a post. I only see two options at the bottom of posts - Flag and Quote.

Click the flag button, then click report.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    How do you know about points? I just looked and I have exactly 1 "abuse" report, but I have 1 point? What is that? No moderator has said anything to me?

ETA; (insert whiney emotcon)

Flags don't count as points. Only warnings do - and those will pop up in your notifications - detailing why you were warned and how many points you got.

Is there a way to see how many flags we've gotten, other than looking at the posts themselves?

I know I've gotten loads of flags, but I've never seen points or warnings. Is it just via the inbox? I've checked Settings and have asked help, but I can't figure out how to see points or warnings.

While I try to be level-headed most of the time, one or twice I've flown off the handle and fully expected to get a warning.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something I should know about! :smile:

Sure, in the upper right corner, there's a bell (your notification tab thing). Click that and at the bottom, click "All Notifications" at the bottom of that box - it will show you there how many flags you have (and for what).

The warnings, like I said, will come through as a pop up notification - you can't miss them - they are big red triangle frowny faces. It will detail what you did you wrong and tell you how many points you get - and how to contact someone if you want to talk about it.

Oye! I am at -72 points and four warnings. Three of the warnings are totally deserved, but one of the warnings, the one with 2 points attached, I protest that warning. Undeserved!

Anyhow, I'm really glad I now know where the flags are. Thank you!

yep, i protest mine too. i'm perfect. perfect people don't get warnings.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a problem of saying what I think, and not sugar coating stuff which has earned me 44 flags. I'm trying to be good :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    (*)
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I have a problem of saying what I think, and not sugar coating stuff which has earned me 44 flags. I'm trying to be good :)

I have 228 flags. Those are kinda meaningless. Haters gonna hate.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

I have 228 flags. Those are kinda meaningless. Haters gonna hate.

Woah lol. Makes me feel a bit better xx :D And yep to the Haters