Making healthy choice is important!

Options
2»

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    If you look in my diary, I have definitely worked on eating a balanced diet most of the time. My biggest concern is the hidden sugar in prepared food from grocery stores or restaurants. That's one reason I started to cook fresh food at home. Easy and yummy meals. My family loves it too. So it's a win win situation. Once a week or twice we do end up eating from outside...but it can all be balanced.

If its on the food label - is it really hidden?

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Why are we being mean to someone who's proud of their health accomplishments and wants to share? Sure, it's kind of random, but I say GO OP! I'm glad you found what works for you and are so excited about it! (*)

+1
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who supports good health. The best we can do for ourselves is to love ourselves, and what that means is that we feed it healthy food and healthy thoughts.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that healthy choices are important and it's been very interesting and helpful to me to use MFP to log what I eat and see how it contributes (or doesnt) to my nutrition. Fun stuff! Thanks MFP for a great service.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your system is working for you OP.

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Why are we being mean to someone who's proud of their health accomplishments and wants to share? Sure, it's kind of random, but I say GO OP! I'm glad you found what works for you and are so excited about it! (*)

It seems to be the nature of this forum. It makes me doubt the value of being here.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Your diary is still closed.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have kept a log of all different food I have eaten on MFP since last year and it has been great! It encourages me to eat better. I had kept my diary private but now I am sharing because I feel that it may help someone. I mostly make healthy food choices, but sometimes I don't and the balance has worked okay for me. I workout regularly. And, that is the best thing you can do to get motivated to balance a healthy life style.

I agree! I have found that the easiest way to hit my calorie and macro goals and at the same time feel satisfied, is by eating mostly whole foods, have a varied diet, home "cooking", and working in treats now and then. I think it's fun, too! MFP is really teaching me to eat better.