Wanna throw in the towel

Options

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Did it occur to you that 'so quit' might have garnered....the exact intended response? That instead of continuing to throw yourself a pity party over one week of less-than-spectacular-rainbows-and-unicorns-progress, you went from "I want to quit" to 'I don't want to quit it was just a bad day'?

No? Ok then, keep insulting people.

Real question though - are you really 31?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The important thing here is: are you going to change your name every time you lose a size or even when the current year changes? These are the questions that keep me up at night.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So you lost 6 in a month and want to throw in the towel or quit?
    With your short time view of the world and urealistic expectations you wont't last long.

Figure out how to have a long term view or you will quit.

If you are only here to get people to affirm how much of a struggle it is or rant when told to go ahead ... well, you are going to end up quitting.

There is good advice here - weight fluctuations, expectations need to be realistic. Do you get it?
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi yes 8lbs in total since starting on 6th jan 2015

You've lost 8 pounds in less than a month… have one weigh in where you don't lose anything… and you're already ready to throw in the towel? Holy Sh**! PATIENCE WOMAN! If you are ready to quit at the first sign that something doesn't go your way, you really aren't ready for this. Eat at or slightly under your calorie goal. Make sure your logging is accurate. Drink plenty of water. It'll happen. But you've got to learn patience and develop a thicker skin than you currently have. Because weight loss (or LIFE for that matter) isn't always going to go your way. If you quit just because things don't go exactly the way you want… I hope to hell you never get married or have children!
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    She has 11 month old twins - and she's probably majorly sleep deprived! Keep doing what you're doing, if you've lost 8lbs in less than a month you're doing great x
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    The important thing here is: are you going to change your name every time you lose a size or even when the current year changes? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Now you have brought that to my attention ...I'll give it some thought to help you get that beauty sleep buddy ;)
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Did it occur to you that 'so quit' might have garnered....the exact intended response? That instead of continuing to throw yourself a pity party over one week of less-than-spectacular-rainbows-and-unicorns-progress, you went from "I want to quit" to 'I don't want to quit it was just a bad day'?

No? Ok then, keep insulting people.

Real question though - are you really 31?

No the Real question is what's my age gotta do with you ?
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    With your short time view of the world and urealistic expectations you wont't last long.

If you are only here to get people to affirm how much of a struggle it is or rant when told to go ahead ... well, you are going to end up quitting.

There is good advice here - weight fluctuations, expectations need to be realistic. Do you get it?

Yeah I get that ..said some really great points was having a rough day the scale no moving was the nail in the coffin so to speak ..enjoy ur journey :)
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Today was my weigh in too and I gained weight, so not losing isn't so bad. Now I have an extra pound to work off and I've been losing 1-2 pounds consistently every week for 11 weeks in a row now.. it's not always linear unfortunately. All you can do is keep on trying and make adjustments if necessary. I have personally changed my workout routine as sometimes your body gets used to a routine which I think has happened to me. Maybe give that a try

Definitely give that a go ..thanks ! That's an acing progress well done :)
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Strong righteousness in this topic.

Jesus, folks. She's just had a bad day. Back the hell off.

Some one who gets it ...thanks :)
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Hi yes 8lbs in total since starting on 6th jan 2015

You've lost 8 pounds in less than a month… have one weigh in where you don't lose anything… and you're already ready to throw in the towel? Holy Sh**! PATIENCE WOMAN! If you are ready to quit at the first sign that something doesn't go your way, you really aren't ready for this. Eat at or slightly under your calorie goal. Make sure your logging is accurate. Drink plenty of water. It'll happen. But you've got to learn patience and develop a thicker skin than you currently have. Because weight loss (or LIFE for that matter) isn't always going to go your way. If you quit just because things don't go exactly the way you want… I hope to hell you never get married or have children!

Oops ...your hoping didn't do to Well ..I got married and had kids ...sorry bout that but hey ..life don't always go as you want right ;) lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Your expectation level isn't attainable if you're thinking that losing 8lbs in roughly 3 weeks isn't good enough. Weight loss isn't linear. And honestly if you're ready to throw in the towel in 3 weeks, then maybe you're not ready to lose weight. Commitment over your LIFETIME is what it takes to take it off and maintain it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    LizN63 wrote: »
    She has 11 month old twins - and she's probably majorly sleep deprived! Keep doing what you're doing, if you've lost 8lbs in less than a month you're doing great x

Thank you ..one bad day ..I've drawn a line under that ...today is better ! Hope ur successful on your journey
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel! Use it to wipe away the sweat and keep going!!!
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel! Use it to wipe away the sweat and keep going!!!

Love this advice !!!
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Your expectation level isn't attainable if you're thinking that losing 8lbs in roughly 3 weeks isn't good enough. Weight loss isn't linear. And honestly if you're ready to throw in the towel in 3 weeks, then maybe you're not ready to lose weight. Commitment over your LIFETIME is what it takes to take it off and maintain it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yeah I know ...it was a BAD DAY ...needed a kick up the butt ...got it ...I'm over it ..thanks though !!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    stay with it, it will come off, read those success stories, you can do it. Something simple like eat something different but basically it is a math thing,eat in a deficit and it will happen
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    stay with it, it will come off, read those success stories, you can do it. Something simple like eat something different but basically it is a math thing,eat in a deficit and it will happen

Yeah I'm already eating in a deficit ..but after reading about changing work outs / introducing different foods etc ..I'll give them ago and see what this week brings !!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Ouch! Rude much?

She posted in the Motivation and Support thread and was looking for just that! Not comments about unrealistic expectations, etc... but good advice, encouragement not to quit, etc...

Size12girl2015, I think you knew you didn't want to quit when you posted today :) But that little pick me up and encouragement can be exactly what is needed when things are going well for a few weeks and you hit a stall on the scale.

Hang in there! I started this in March of last year, and despite a lapse in logging for a few months when work/life got busy, I have kept chugging along towards my goals. I do not believe in an all or nothing approach. I believe in baby steps, every food is good when enjoyed in moderation, etc... Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support :)
  • size12girl2015
    Options

Ouch! Rude much?

She posted in the Motivation and Support thread and was looking for just that! Not comments about unrealistic expectations, etc... but good advice, encouragement not to quit, etc...

Size12girl2015, I think you knew you didn't want to quit when you posted today :) But that little pick me up and encouragement can be exactly what is needed when things are going well for a few weeks and you hit a stall on the scale.

Hang in there! I started this in March of last year, and despite a lapse in logging for a few months when work/life got busy, I have kept chugging along towards my goals. I do not believe in an all or nothing approach. I believe in baby steps, every food is good when enjoyed in moderation, etc... Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support :)

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a touch rude ..u are so right I needed a bit of a pick me up ..I felt like quitting at the time of writing but didn't and after a goods night sleep realised I'm not going to , it was a bad day and I have got over it ..I dunno how to add people but please add me as I think ur be a great help and hopefully I can help you too ! This is a long road I doubt that will be the last time I FEEL like quitting thanks for understanding xx