3 weeks no sugar

Options
no sugar for three weeks. On track feeling good.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Protein and fat only?
  • mikediverfl
    Options
    Let me clarify no sweets just what's in meals. No junk food
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, good luck.
  • Sarinaamarinaa
    Sarinaamarinaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    not even natural sugar ? :neutral_face:
  • KaishaDarling
    KaishaDarling Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb, which automatically rules out sugar. Going on week 4! It gets better as the cravings go away. Only non-starchy vegetables and lean meats for me. Occasionally dairy too. Solidarity!
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. I am wanting to do it too...kick the sugar habit..but, i am so bad these days. I think stress makes me crave it more. Good job on your 3rd week.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It's not easy. Good luck everybody.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    This is the maintaining weight forum for people who have been successful in losing their weight.
    So limited interest in demonising or excluding food as people are thinking long term not in weeks.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    This is the maintaining weight forum for people who have been successful in losing their weight.
    So limited interest in demonising or excluding food as people are thinking long term not in weeks.

Understandable viewpoint, but "to each their own" remember. Some of us have made successful, long-term changes in our diets that avoid certain things altogether. Just as it is constantly reiterated on almost all of the boards: every body is different; find what works for you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify no sweets just what's in meals. No junk food

what is junk food???

so you are eating some sugar then, yes?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    no sugar for three weeks. On track feeling good.

Mike that is not easy. For health reasons I left off carbs cold turkey (<50 grams daily) and I thought it was going to kill me but after two weeks the cravings faded and that was four months ago. Carbs are not a required food group but Protein and Fat are required. I picked up the missing carb calories with saturated Fat calories in my case.

• ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Arent carbs still forms of sugar?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ELiCiT23 wrote: »
    Arent carbs still forms of sugar?

depends, if they come from unicorns they are OK, all other forms are bad...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I feel great from the 600 calories worth of Reese's minis I ate while snowed in due to Juno yesterday. To each their own!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    To the OP, good luck!
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is not for me, but if it helps you do what you need to do, go for it!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I feel great from the 600 calories worth of Reese's minis I ate while snowed in due to Juno yesterday. To each their own!

^^ Aren't those mini's the best things ever? Love them, well worth each and every little calorie. Is it just me, or do they taste better than the larger ones.

• mikediverfl
    Options
    I log everything I eat plus everything I do in the gym. I eat within my limit to loose 1-2 lbs a week. I do not eat candy/cokes/pies/brownies ect ect . thats what I mean by sugar. Junk food was the love of my life.. I did't mean to start an argument here. Looks like I posted in the wrong place and to some didn't clarify what I meant..