How Can I Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just start eating at a small deficit, making good food choices (that fulfill your macro and micronutrient goals and keep you full), and getting some exercise. You won't lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but that's okay. I guarantee you your boyfriend will not care that you didn't lose an arbitrary amount of weight. He's just going to be glad to see you.

edited because oops, you're dating, not married. :blush:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    instead of milk drink unsweetened soy milk. instead of coffee drink green tea which has caffeine and speeds up your metabolism. instead of yogurt have Greek yogurt. drink only water. keep calories under 1200. eat protein rich food within 30 minutes of waking up. even if your not hungry. this will speed up metabolism. these are some tips that have been helping me to lose weight fast.

Oh dear. So much no. I wish I had the bearded guy .gif

WNYEj9G.gif

Thank you! I love him so much.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Has the OP had enough of this thread yet? How many pages will this one get to before the madness stops? :o:s:p:|
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Get something flimsy, and rippable

Best advice here. You could gain 10 lbs in two weeks and he won't notice.
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    I didn't ask for negativity, only advice
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Get something flimsy, and rippable

Best advice here. You could gain 10 lbs in two weeks and he won't notice.

Truth.

I remember being so stressed out near the end of the first couple of deployments. Picking out my clothes, picking out what dinner to make, making sure the house was extra clean. None of it matters to him, and after the first hour he'll be unconscious for the next 12-14 anyway. :laugh:
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

You got advice. The advice is, "You can't, don't try."

I even threw in a bonus with yoga for extra bendy potential. Because, I care.
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

You got advice. The advice is, "You can't, don't try."

I even threw in a bonus with yoga for extra bendy potential. Because, I care.
    I'm sure you do.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I care enough to want to make sure that people don't walk around with the lunatic idea that 10 vanity pounds can be lost in 2 weeks.
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    Op, even if you lost 10 lbs "the unhealthy way" in 2 weeks you likely wouldn't look much different because you would NOT have lost 10 lbs of fat. You'd likely be starving and dehydrating yourself, losing lots of water weight and energy and that's not the state you want your bf to see you in.

Let him see you healthy and beautiful and happy and energetic at 150 lbs and then start to lose the weight the right way until he sees you again. At whatever weight, happy, healthy, and beautiful. :)
    Awe, thanks for your kindness
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    Just start eating at a small deficit, making good food choices (that fulfill your macro and micronutrient goals and keep you full), and getting some exercise. You won't lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but that's okay. I guarantee you your boyfriend will not care that you didn't lose an arbitrary amount of weight. He's just going to be glad to see you.

edited because oops, you're dating, not married. :blush:
    Thanks for the positivity! I appreciate it.
  • bethanyyc17
    Options
    I care enough to want to make sure that people don't walk around with the lunatic idea that 10 vanity pounds can be lost in 2 weeks.
    I understand that; however, all the bashing and negativity really isn't necessary from others.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Probably should have thought about this at Xmas time. Ain't happening unless you dehydrate your body completely or cut off a limb.
    Trust that you're NOT going to lose 10lbs of FAT in 2 weeks. You might lose some water, but that rarely does a lot for appearance if one is overweight to begin with.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

150 lbs at 5'6" isn't overweight.
    You're right. So maybe we should be asking why she NEEDS to lose 10lbs?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

The OP says she wants to lose it. I can understand wanting to lose it under these circumstances. I doubt 10 is possible, but 2 weeks of giving it the ol' college try isn't likely to hurt anything.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I understand that; however, all the bashing and negativity really isn't necessary from others.

Where was there bashing and negativity? People were trying to help you have realistic expectations and a healthy approach, and offered alternatives to focus on besides trying to drop 10 lbs in a short amount of time. I read the whole thread and didn't see any bashing.

PS - thanks to your husband for his service and to you for your commitment. I have such respect for military spouses.

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Just because you're not hearing what you want to hear does not mean that anyone is negative or bashing you. Actually, almost every post I've seen on this thread is good advice. Listen to these people and stop entertaining the silly notion of trying to lose weight for some unrealistic deadline. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment or worse, you'll be compromising your health and well-being. Just stop it.
  • 53LaniP
    53LaniP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can't unless you cut off a limb as posted above! No way, regardless of what fad posts/diets say.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I smell an incoming mean people thread

Amy-big-bang-theory-yes-please.gif