Do you take naps?

Options
13»

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I just took like a good 2 hour nap. Think I'll go and take another soon...I've been known to take 6 hour "naps" in the daytime which is really just more like going to sleep, but then I also go to sleep at night. I'm working now though so that can no longer happen lol.

Usually a nap rests me enough that after taking 30 minutes to wake up I'm more motivated to get **** done.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I just woke up from a nap. I don't take them during the week but on the weekends, it's normal for me to nap for 30 minutes to an hour each day.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Look at my name. What do you think?
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I use to nap a lot. But now that I eat better and exercise I don't. It's good to not feel tired all the time!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes. Since I retired I have been asked if I ever find retirement boring. My answer is, Yes sometimes I get bored but then I just roll over and take a nap until the boredom goes away.:yawn:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    everysingleday!! if I don't take a nap I will be like....:angry::mad: :explode: :grumble: :devil:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    everysingleday!! if I don't take a nap I will be like....:angry::mad: :explode: :grumble: :devil:

Exactly. I will even sleep for 20 minutes on my lunch hour. Helps me not kill people in the afternoon hours. :grumble:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    lol same here! after my lunch I run to nap!!!!! haha!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I was 237lbs I was going to uni, working 5 hour shifts in a busy kitchen four times a week and going to the gym three times a week. You bet your sweet *kitten* I napped. I would come home from work and pass out on the damn floor.

I have less of a compulsion to nap now that I'm eating more and doing a little less and weighing a LOT less. I napped yesterday just for the hell of it... I love sleep.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    heck yes i nap, but usually only get to on the wekeends, i get home from work at 5 and workout til about 630, by the time im showered and ready to go anywhere its 7 something and i might as well just go to bed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I nap everyday around 2:30 pm for an hour. Does wonders.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I :heart: naps. Seriously. I have 2 daughters, 6 yrs old and 2 yrs old, and on weekends I almost always nap when my 2 yr old does. My 6 yr old uses it as her "down" time and usually curls up and watches a movie. I'll snooze on the couch. I feel so much better and have more energy to get things done in the afternoon. If I could nap everyday, I totally would!
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used to nap most sundays pre-baby, then I tried to join her in her afternoon naps.... now she is 2 and naps on the go of a weekend, I don't get one. Except yesterday... 2 hours undisturbed on the sofa... heaven!

Thankfully I did all the chores beforehand 'cos I was useless when I woke up!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I can't do naps, or I probably can but that 30 minute max time frame is always exceed cause I'm lazy like that ????
    And when I do wake up, it's probably from 3+ hours of actual sleep... Wake up groggy and messing my whole sleeping pattern since I can't sleep till 3 am in the morning.
  • meg_mucklebones
    Options
    mmm, naps...my favorite pastime
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    jealous of the napper I'm not hangry i'm nangry
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love naps! I nap during my lunch hour a few times a week and the whole family takes naps during the weekend. I was raised with mandatory naps and my husband and I are following tradition.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    That's what my wife and I call them. But, we're not sleeping.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Very rarely I take naps.