Chia Seed

Options
13»

Replies

• frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bumping for recipes

I love chia seeds. Add them to all sorts of things.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can also spread chia seeds on a scupture and water them. After awhile the seeds sprout and it looks like it is growing hair! :laugh:
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like it in water or juice. I hear that putting them with watermelon is awesome.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    as an egg substitute???? How does that work??

I have a tbsp most morning just mixed with water if I make a smoothie I'll throw them in that instead... I dont' like them though.

They turn into the icky globby stuff that gives your body something to put the toxins in for safe "'removal" from your body. otherwise your body stores toxins in your fat cells until such they can be safely removed. THey help cut food craving, because you feel full longer, they are not grown with pesticides or GMo techniques, they add no flavor to anything.. just some texture to get over.. they've got omega 3 and protein in them, they help against diverticulities and diabetes. good source of fiber.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    bump
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Bumping for recipes!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I like chia seeds, I mix in a tablespoon of chia seeds in my greek yogurt a couple of times a week.

This morning I used the recipe here for chocolate chia seed pudding. It's in the fridge now setting. I entered in the items using the recipe feature on this site.

Chocolate Chia seed pudding: 275 cals

Fudge brownie: 230 cals.

Chia seeds are 60cal per tablespoon, a quarter cup is a whooping 240 cals. I'll see how the pudding turns out later tonight. It seems a bit odd that I could have a brownie instead and shave 45 cals of my daily total. But then I wouldn't have the benefits of the fiber, protein or any of the other good things that come with Chia seeds.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    mixed with scrambled eggs, mixed with yoghurt, in my protein shakes, on top of salads... so versatile! I eat them every morning :)
  • LazyBearGrrr
    LazyBearGrrr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite chia seed recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html

I also highly recommend this website in general.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not much (if any) taste, so I just throw them on my eggs.